Three and Ten

" The weather's fierce storm, my heart is like ice, you can keep me warm, cause your kiss is so nice."

The lyrics rang throughout the cavernous hall of the lounge. The blue ice like interior, kept a cool feeling in whoever entered. That coupled with the large frozen glacier in the centre of the building which gave off a chill that could freeze a burning flame, and yet, behind the railing where the guests tended to stay was quite warm. The tables were covered in expensive cloths of a beautiful icy blue, trimmed with white. The chairs kept this scheme colour. The floors, polished, glimmering like fresh snow, and the curtains with the patterns of its flakes.

" in winter's cold, stay close to me, until we're old, our destiny." The woman continued singing. Her voice was quite pretty, and so was she. Her hair cut short hanging down to her chin. She wore a blouse that could possibly have been buttoned up to her neck, but instead she wore it rather inappropriately, showing off quite a bit more cleavage than was needed. Her obvious invitation for attention was well received by the male workers and musicians, who, captivated by her, dropped their current tasks and leaned on the railing to watch the woman practice.

Upon seeing this Lucielle became quite interested in meeting this woman. Though she had been young, she learned and used techniques similar to that time and again. But given the fact that this woman was distracting her coworkers from proceeding with their designated jobs, made her a tad annoyed. Not to mention the fact that Mr. Cobblepot had given her back her previous job, the one that this woman seemed to be attempting to proceed with. With that thought in mind she came to the conclusion that this woman's presence was utterly irrelevant.

Miss. Starlet walked across the floor toward the railing her low heeled shoes clacking against the hard floor as she made her way across the room. Her long hair swayed along with her hips and she walked past a group of the men, who turned to see her walk past them. She looked over her shoulder and stared at them fiercely in the eyes then continued walking.
She felt them looking at her, she always had a feeling when somebody was, and other than when she was performing she didn't like it.
Lucielle stopped.

" wait by the fire, 'til the early morn, so cuddle close my darling, and we'll wait through the storm, oh, we'll wait though the storm."

The singer finished, she had quite a triumphant look on her face as her audience applauded, and she exited off of the stage, heading down the steps toward the railing where Lucielle stood. Starlet smirked clapping slowly. Now that the singer was closer she noticed how overdone her makeup looked. She could not believe this woman.

" Bravo, " she called as the the singer approached, " and to whom do I owe the honour of hearing this lovely song preformed? "

The woman smiled confidently, "why my dear have you just waltzed in? My name is well known here, and though I quite appreciate the added applause, we happen to be closed. So maybe you could leave or I'll have to call security."

" That will not be necessary, " Lucielle grinned, "I work here, just took a leave of absence. That's probably why I seem new to you. Now, since I came back no one has given me your name, isn't that just crazy? So I thought I'd come right to the source and get my answer. "

" Oh, " the woman looked somewhat surprised, " that is quite. ..Er. .. crazy. Well then to clarify things my dear, I happen to be Teresa Pinkinton, a pleasure to meet you."