Chapter 4

(Y/n)'s POV

We were now back at the mansion. I went to my room. A few seconds later, I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in." Saee and Yui walked in.
"Hey, are you okay?" Saee asked with worry.
"I'm sorry."
"It wasn't your fault."
"I'm sorry." She got hurt as well. It was supposed to only be me.
"(Y/n), it's alright. We're here for you," Yui assured me.

I managed a weak smile. They decided to leave me alone for now. I still had Ayato's jacket. I should probably give it back to him but not now, I was too tired. I had a quick shower and changed into my pyjamas (with gloves). I put Ayato's jacket on a chair and went to bed. Eventually, I fell asleep.

~Nightmare~

I found myself in a field of white roses. I looked around and saw Yui and Saee lying there, surrounded in a pile of blood-stained roses. They were dead.

How could this have happened?! Why were they dead?! So many questions filled my mind. Tears formed in my eyes, threatening to fall.

"This all happened because of you. You were the one that killed them. You couldn't control your power and by the time you got to your 17th birthday, you become a lifeless soul and killed them in their sleep."
"Who are you?!"
"I am you."
"What about the-"
"They tried to kill you but you ended up killing them instead before you finally turned into a pile of ashes."

No, no, no, no! I didn't want this! I was suddenly stabbed in the stomach. My mind went blank.

~Nightmare end~

I woke up with a start. I was sweating all over. I-I was scared. I didn't want this to happen. I changed into some black leggings and a long off-shoulder shirt. I brushed my hair and went out of my room.

It was dark and quiet. I went outside to practice my magic. I tried to make an ice statue but it didn't work so I tried something easier. I tried to make a heart. It worked. Oww, stupid headache. I leaned against a tree.

Stop! No! It hurts...too much. I clutched my head and fell to my knees. Make it stop! I slowly made my way back to the mansion. I put my hand against the wall to steady myself. It was getting better- never mind. I felt myself being lifted off the ground.

"S-Subaru?..." He carried me to Reiji's room.
"Do you have something that could help her?" Subaru asked him.
"*sigh* Here, drink this," he said. I obediently drank it. I felt better.
"It'll only last a few hours."
"Thank you."

Subaru teleported somewhere else while I fell to the floor with a thump. Ouch...for some reason, I felt as if he was smirking.

I left Reiji's room. I went to get Ayato's jacket and went to his room. He wasn't there. I went to the 'piano room'. Shu was sleeping there. Saee was tiptoeing towards him.

"Boo!"
"Eek! Don't scare me like that," she exclaimed, annoyed.
"Go away, I'm trying to sleep," ordered Shu.
"*fake gasp* You're telling Saee to go away? I thought that you guys were in some kind of relationship." They both blushed.
"Come on, just admit it that you two like each other."
"N-no, we d-don't," Saee replied. I raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah, like I wouldn't know my best friend." I went to Shu and took out an earphone.
"Cool, classical music." He snatched it off me.
"Gosh."

I went out of the room and walked to the rooftop and found Ayato here. I handed him his jacket.

"Sorry for keeping it for so long." I grabbed his hand and went inside. I was bored.
"Where are you going?" he asked.
"I have no idea."

He pulled on my arm before sinking his fangs into my neck. When he was done, he went off somewhere. I went to find Yui and saw Kanato drinking her blood. I pushed him away.

"Don't. Touch. Her." He was about to drink mine but Ayato stopped him.
"She belongs to me."
"You didn't say yours truly for once." I went over to Yui.
"I'm sorry."
"No, it's okay."
"Ayato, can you look after her for a while? And you're not allowed to touch her."
"Tch, no promises, 'your highness'."

I rolled my eyes before going to the rose garden. What was I doing here? I started to walk elsewhere. I didn't know where I was going.

I took my shoes off and walked bare-foot on the grass along the road. Wherever I stepped, there would be some snow. I continued walking then after a while, put my shoes back on.

I kept on walking for a few more minutes, not caring where I went. I found myself in front of a different mansion. I knocked on the door. It opened by itself. I went inside.

"Hello? Anyone home?"
"Who are you and what are you doing here?" The voice came from a person that had a similar personality to Reiji. I guessed that he was a vampire as well.
"I'm (Y/n) (L/n). Where am I?"
"You're in the Mukami mansion."
"Ruki, did you invite her?" another person asked (Yuma).
"Who...are...you?" asked a person with greenish hair. Then a guy that looked like he had a somewhat cheerful personality came out of nowhere.
"I'm guessing that you're all vampires...right?" Their eyes widened in shock.
"How do you know this?" Ruki - I thought that was his name - asked.
"I'm half vampire, and I still don't know your names."
"I'm Ruki. Those three are Yuma, Kou and Azusa." I smiled.
"Nice to meet you all."
"What are you doing here?" Ruki asked.
"I just wandered off and found myself here."
"From where?"
"Um..." Should I tell them the truth
"The um Sakamaki mansion?"
"Those brats..." Yuma insulted.
"Hey! Don't insult them. They're my f-friends."
"Why can't we? They're just a bunch of filthy pure bloods."
"Shut. Up." He started to walk towards me. I took off my glove.
"Don't come any closer." I touched the table and it froze.
"Or I'll freeze you." They looked surprised.
"That must explain why you have that stupid snowflake there." Not again.
"Well, it was nice meeting you all but I really need to go back." I started to walk towards the door but Kou stopped me.
"Going so soon?" He grabbed my hand.
"Let go of me."

Suddenly, Yuma grabbed my arm. I tried to get out of their grasp but couldn't. Ayato appeared out of nowhere and ripped me out of their death grips. I hid behind him. He glared at them.

"Don't touch what doesn't belong to you," he exclaimed angrily before teleporting us back to the Sakamaki mansion.

"What the hell did you think you were doing?!"
"I'm sorry, I sort of just wandered off..." I replied while looking down.
"Look at me when you speak." I hesitantly looked him in the eye and thought I saw concern and worry but it was probably my imagination.
"I was just bored so I decided to have a walk. Sorry." He teleported somewhere else and left me alone.