10. "youre worth it"

PROMPT; connor is with a douche, and troye has feelings that needs to go away

Red slips
It drips
Something clicks
I smile
First time in a mile
I'm floating
High off of numbness
But I want you're kisses
Only you have him
He's prefect; so you say
Which doesn't put me at bay
For now I'll swim
Into the unknown
You're worth it
Every bit.

I put my pen down when ILYSB by Lany blasts from my phone. That only means one person is calling; Connor. Even though I know it's him, something about seeing his name subsisting the Caller ID, makes something flutter.

"Connie💙🌍"

I sigh before answering.

**Troye=Bold Connor=Italics***

"Hello?"
"Hey Connie!"
"Hi Tro! How are you?"
"Fine, actually I was working on a song."

Not a complete lie, well sort of, but a song and a poem are the same thing, although I allow myself to be more open in my poems. Also, Connor was the one who got me into the interview for a record deal. I could not stop thanking him for a week straight.

"Oh really? If you don't mind me asking, what's it about so far?"
"Yo-"

I stop myself realizing I was about to say You, which would be the complete truth, but remember Troye, Connor's dating someone idiot.

"W-what?"
"Uh- hurt? Rejection? I have no clue yet it still in development."
"Oh..okay."

Is that..disappointment? Hurt? A waver in his voice?

No. Troye stop being so full of yourself.
I hear a distant voice, and then Connor sighs.

"Look..Troye I have to go, I'll see you l-later."

He says in hesitation, it's almost as if he doesn't want to hang up. Well to be fair I don't either.

"Oh okay, uh, maybe you can come over later on? If-if you want to."
"Yeah! Definitely. I'll be over in about an hour."
I sigh with relief.
"Okay, bye Connie."
I hear his giggle,
"Bye Troyeboy, I love you."

"I love you too", I whisper even though he can't hear me, "more than you know".

I was just about finished tidying up, there were snacks on the table and I was flicking through Netflix trying to find a good documentary.
Only to be interrupted by a call.
My smile widens when I realize it's Connor.

"Hey Connie, I'm just about r-"
"Uh-about that, I-I can't m-make it."

My heart sinks, and not mostly because Connor can't make it, but because he sounds so exhausted, so gaunt, so sad, so lost. So I do what I do best, put on my happy tone.

"Yeah, that's f-fine, uh maybe next time right?"
Connor sighs.
"Y-yeah, b-bye Troyeboy, I love you."
He whispers.
"Bye Connie, I love you as well"

I hang up laying so I'm on my back staring at the ceiling on the couch, feeling tears well.

Why did I have to fall?
Why was Connor so exhausted?
Why did he seem so lost?

It all seemed to tie down to Matthew. Connor's boyfriend. Me and Matthew never got along, sure we faked it for Connor's sake but we never meant it.

Little did Troye know that Connor was thinking the same thing.
How will I escape?
I want Troye.
No , I need him.
I graze my finger across the bruise that's temporarily tattooed on my right cheek, only to wince. I pull the covers up to my neck, allowing it to provide me comfort and somewhat security to my naked and sore body.
This was too much.
I cried.
Not because of Troye not being able to see that everything and anything was wrong. But because of me falling for the wrong person.

For now I'll swim
Into the unknown
You're worth it
Every bit.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
HIII!!! This was a little sad one, but part 2 maybe? Idk. But I have to go bc I need to clean. Go read if you want my AU.
Vote
Follow
Comment
Like
Whatever you want
FOLLOW IG; @ tronnor5evrr
**promo for my cousin, follow her Twitter, she just recently got sucked into the tronnor fandom, @ tronnorsyoutube
**winks; BUHHIII- Blue Neighbourhood Outro**
•\\\\•////•\\\\•////•