17. "livewire"

PROMPT; connor and troye chat mouthing words to each other through car windows AU

I'm sitting in the car with my family with my headphones on. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but I don't really feel like listening to the loud conversations and hearing the same music play over and over again. I'm listening to Bridges by Broods, I tap my fingers against my knee to the beat. Right now everything is peaceful. No matter how many complains Brandon gives if we are there yet, I am at peace. There's no one else besides me and the wonderful voices of Broods lulling me to serenity. Nicola taps my shoulder, I take one ear bud out and she asks if I'm okay, slight worry appears through her eyes, I'm quick to reassure her it's fine. She calms down at my words. I truly do love my family, but sometimes I need to be in my headspace for a little. It's just nice to keep to yourself and think over everything. I feel that it is good to have some time to yourself, even if it is just 5 minutes. Everyone needs time to clear their head, and think of everything. If you're life is hectic just stop and breathe. Take about 5 minutes to just think over everything. But not so much that it stresses you. Help the situation, appeal to it. Fix it. Do anything, but think it over. Times get tough, but remember you deserve a break to. You can't hold everything up by yourself. Well you can but surely you will wither and wither until you can't take it and just fade.

I look to my left and see the same blue car next to us. Well I don't know where it would've gone because their is traffic everywhere. I look in the car and see a man and a women, presumably husband and wife, and 4 people in the back, presumably siblings and children to the couple. There are 3 boys and 1 girl, much like our family. One boy with chestnut curls wearing headphones is the one that has the window seat, which is closest to me, and is bopping his head to whatever beat he's listening to.

I suck in a breath when the curly haired boy turns and looks at me. But what I failed to notice is his piercing blue eyes. They are so blue the oceans must envy. He stares at me almost like he's taking in my features much like I'm doing to him. Then he mouths something to me.

*underlined is Connor, italic is Troye*

What are you listening to?

I check my phone as the song is changing and see Drive by Oh Wonder comes on.

Drive by Oh Wonder

His eyes light up.

I love Oh Wonder

My eyes widen, not many people know of them.

Oh my god? Really? They are like my fave.

Same. Plus Broods.

Obviously. And P!ATD

Duh. Oh and the 1975.

True. Also -

I get cut off by my sister hitting my head with her elbow on accident. I jump and wince at the same time. Ow. She laughs, and I pout at her. I look back out the window and see Troye trying to stifle his own laughter. I glare jokingly and he smiles cheekily at me.

That hurt.

It was funny

I just glare at him.

Hey, what's your name?

Connor, Connor Franta

Mines Troye Sivan.

I look him up on Instagram and he has a decent follow amount as do I. I DM him with my number saying to text me. He doesn't answer yet. But when I look back up the car is gone and we are moving. I look at the cars moving and pout a little bit. Then I get a text.

Unknown number; stop pouting it's too adorable.

A little scared I raise my head and look around me but see no one focused on me.

Unknown number; don't get scared, it's just me, Troye.

I huff out a silent breath in relief. Thank goodness, I thought it was a kidnapper.

Troye🚙; are you still listening to drive?

Connor🚗; nope, it's livewire now

Before I knew it we were arriving at the cabin hotel thingy we were staying at for spring break. It's only then that I see a familiar blue car come up after us and the familiar mop of curls.

Troye🚙; hey Connor?

Connor🚗; yeah?

Troye🚙; you make me feel like I'm set on fire

Connor🚗; ouch, I'm sorry. That sounds like it hurts 😷

Troye🚙; 😑😑🙄

Connor🚗; 🤗🤗😋

Troye🚙; hey answer this for me?

Connor🚗; suuurrreee

Troye🚙; won't you be my livewire?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Again idfk what I just wrote, but I was thinking of this when I was in the car so✌🏼️
Short A/N bc I have to update All In Your Eyes.
Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Whatever
FOLLOW IG; @ troyesmellettt
**winks; BUHHHIIII- Blue Neighbourhood Outro**

•\\\\•////•\\\\•////•