14. "friends"

PROMPT; troye and connor are just friends AU

Troye snuggles his face deeper into Connors hair, and sniffs it absentmindedly. Connor hugs tighter onto Troye's waist, sighing contentedly. Knowing they have to get up or else they will miss their flight if they don't get up in like 5 minutes, they just snuggle deeper into each other. Connors alarm goes off, and he groans pulling away from Troye. Troye also groans, but gets up slowly. Connor following, they head into the kitchen and settle on cereal, only to wolf it down when they see they only have 30 minutes before they leave.

They hustle to move around, but no conversation is barely made because they both know what's about to happen. They have to separate. Before your mind wanders, no they are not dating. Many, especially fans are already shipping and insisting that they are together. They don't deny it nor do they agree to it. They just leave it alone, and let the fan girls/boys be. When they get in the car the silence holds thousands of words that they want to say, but just can't.

You see; they both have such immense crushes on each other but neither see it. They act like a couple, they talk like a couple. They are basically a couple. But they don't see that. They think the other could do so much better, yet they are perfect for each other.

They go on rants to their friends separately, and complain about how the other doesn't like them, or gush about how this one did this and looked oh so cute and squishy. Their friends try to tell them to go for it, but they simply reply with, "he can do so much better than me."
Of course the fans and their friends will never force them into a relationship but they do give subtle hints, which leave both with a red tint coating their cheeks.

It seems as if some people are blind to love .
There can be your soulmate right in front of you, but yet you wouldn't even consider it would you? Your soulmate could be your best friend, or someone you met on the Internet. Yet you are so blind to love, and the connection you have, that if you like them you simply think, 'they can do so much better than me. It's obvious.' When really half the time the person you take an interest in is thinking the exact same thing. Sometimes, although scary, you just need to take that step, cross that line, go over that bridge, get to the person you want. There will often be rivers blocking you from getting to them, but build a bridge and you will reach them. And if they don't have an interest in you, wouldn't it be still fucking incredible to think; 'wow, I did that. I crossed that bridge. '
Seems fucking incredible to me.

At last they reach the airport and walk to where they have to separate. They look at each other with an emotion no one, not even them, can understand. They embrace but not for too long as there are fans lingering.

"Bye Connie."
"Bye Troye-boy."
They depart.

Troye leans his head back on to his seat, and plays a song. Ironically the same song is what Connor was listening to.

So I could take the back road but you're eyes would lead me straight back home.
.......
Friends don't love me like you do.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Hellooooo!!! I wrote this in like 30 minutes bc I'm going to a restaurant. And ugh. But yeah I was listening to this song and it made me want to write, so here this is. I was suppose to post one anyway, buttttt. Yup.
Okay I gtg.
Vote
Comment
Follow
Like
Share
Whatever
FOLLOW IG; @ conchobartronnor
**winks; BUHHHIIII-Blue Neighbourhood Outro**
•\\\\•////•\\\\•////•