5. "pretty."

PROMPT; Basically if you saw my last comment then you know where these lyrics are from.
or; no one is pretty enough and it gets to a certain aussie a little to hard AU

Pretty faces printed on plastic
I look up into the distance and see a huge billboard featuring guys, really hot guys, that have looks only I dream of having.

Shining over this city
It basically is what illuminates the small town of Perth. Very bright and very see able from my rooftop.

Giant letters that seem to chant
Huge letter outlined in red, make it very clear that they want you to buy this product.

"Bet you're not this pretty."
When really to me it's totally different. It's like a reminder that I will never be perfect. Never have the looks those guys have. Never.

Thoughts on a rant
My thoughts go ballistic, never stoping, just constantly reminding me.

Tears stream down your face
I hadn't realized until I brushed my hair out my face that I was crying. But how can you not when you have picture perfect right in front of you?

I'm so numb.

They say you gotta meet standards
Apparently I'm too pale, too skinny, too lanky, too Australian. Next thing you know my eyes will be too blue.

Keep up the pace
I'm trying to meet the standards but every time I eat more than usual I have the urge to throw up.

You have to be pretty
I don't wanna be like everyone else.

Put on a face
I'm forced to catch up, forced to dress normal

Hospital beds new found comfort
I wake up in a hospital room, on a hospital bed, I don't know how I ended up here. Oh wait-

My thoughts came out in red
Cutting to deep. Pills. Self hatred. I remember now.

Putting me to an endless slumber
I drift off into dreamless sleep, yet I feel on clouds.

Bet you're not this pretty.
The same billboard seems to be everywhere. Following my every step. It's always there to remind me not to smile. Not to laugh.

You can't be happy when you look like that.

Bet you're not this pretty yet.
As I drift off into death I realize something. I'm not pretty, but I'm my own kind of pretty. The kind where I can be who I wanna be, and be me. I guess wherever I'm headed I can be my kind of pretty. Don't follow after me, love. I was pushed to meet standards and look where it got me, pushed off the edge into death.

"You will never be this pretty."
I love you Connor...
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
HELLO AGAIN. I said I would fall asleep look where that got me.
So as I said before, if you read my last comment you know where these lyrics are from.
This is basically about how Troye is feeling useless, and self hatred for himself because of said standards and a billboard that constantly reminds him he won't ever meet the standards of pretty, or perfect. Then the billboard turns into a metaphor a little.
Billboards can be portraying one message, that could be about potatoes, but if there is someone on their that is really pretty and you feel as if you will never be like them. And envy them, then that is not okay.
None of it is okay.
I love you all.
FOLLOW IG; @ tronnor5evrr
**winks: BUHHHIII- Blue Neighbourhood Outro**
•\\\\~////~\\\\~////•