18. "my second happiness pt2"

PROMPT; connor and troye have a child. and troye has left connor to forge for himself AU

*picture is mine*

There is an awkward silence as Troye and I sit on the couch. He was glancing at me every few seconds, but now it's just staring.

"What?" I ask, hoping his staring would stop. He bites his lip.

"I forgot how beautiful you are." He says looking over my features. I sigh.

"Yeah, well I did as well." Before he can reply Jaden comes into the lounge. He just looks at us both before his eyes linger on Troye's. He then just turns back around and walks into his room. I see Troye cower a little bit. I take that as my cue to go check on him. I walk into his room to see him looking at the wall in deep thought. I chuckle, he's very smart.

"Hey bud, what's wrong?" He doesn't say anything for a few seconds then he turns to look at me, it's only then that I see tears welling up in his eyes. My eyes widen and I go over to him and take him into a hug.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, what's wrong, can you open up to me bud?" I run his back soothingly and he looks at me once again. He begins to speak,

"H-he's the m-man you c-cry a-about at n-night." He say stuttering, I don't say anything, I could've sworn he was always asleep.

"A-and he h-hurt you, t-that's bad." I'm still shocked, how does he know this.

"I d-don't want y-you to get hurt ag-" he cuts himself off with a sob. I am quick to snap out of it. It was only then that I realize I was also crying, how could I not. This is just too much.

"Sweetie, I promise. I will not get hurt." I tell him, he looks up with hope filled eyes.

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise, I'm a strong boy." I say and then flex my one arm, and growl. He giggles, I smile then clear away his tears. He grabs my face with his small, slightly shaking hands and wipes my tears. I hug him tightly, I truly love him so much. And i dont let go until I realize we left Troye out there.

"Come on Jaden, someone wants to meet you." He looks afraid for a second before grabbing my hand and walking to the door with me. We walk out together, round the corner and see Troye on his phone.

"Troye, this is Jaden. Jaden, this is Troye." I introduce. Troye's eyes widen, but light up as well. Jaden walks up to him and slowly reaches out to Troye's face. Troye just stares, and Jaden places his two shaky hands on Troye's cheeks. They stare at eachother, in a way that seems as if it were recognition.

You see the thing with Jaden, is he uses physical contact instead of verbal. He would rather hug you then say 'goodbye' or 'hello'. He would rather give you a kiss on the cheek than say 'I love you', Jaden would rather not leave your side for hours then say 'I will miss you' or 'I missed you'. However this task that he does take both of us by shock, and Troye is struggling to hold it together, so am I. Jaden slowly takes his hands off and sits next to Troye, then he latched himself onto Troye's side.

Troye looks at me shocked, then he slowly brings his arms around Jaden. My heart clenches at the sight. This was how it was suppose to be, this is how it is suppose to be. I turn around and make Troye and I coffee, I let them have their moment. I hear small chatter coming from them. I smile to myself. But it slowly drops, I can't do this to myself again.

Clearing that from my thoughts I grab the now finished coffee, add some things to it, then make my way over to them. It's nearly 9 pm, and Jaden needs to get to bed. I give Troye his coffee and he gives me a small thanks I nod his way, set my on the coffee table, then get Jaden.

"Come on bud, time for sleepies." I say picking up his tired out body.

"B-but I want to talk m-more." He say failing to keep his eyes open. I laugh,

"Yeah well you can talk more tomorrow." I say.

"Okay daddy." He finally agrees. I tuck him in and we say good nights, but not before I kiss him on the forehead.

I head out to the living room and there is Troye staring into space, I sit on the couch with my coffee and he jumps, obviously to into his thinking to realize I was here. I chuckle a little bit, and he smiles small at me.

"Can we talk?" He asks. I sigh, I should've known this would've come up. I nod, it's time to let this go. Or at least try to.

"Fine."

He begins, "Connor I've been trying to reach out to you for years. And you haven't answered, it hurt. It really-" I already cut him off. This hurt him? He's the one that's hurt?

"You're hurt? Wow. Because I totally did not go through having to take care of a child by myself. Yup, and totally didn't have to pay of everything by myself. Nope. None of it happened, I did not have finance problems, I did not cry sometimes because of stress...can you sense the sarcasm?" I rant out. That was only 1/4 of it to be honest. He looks down guilty, and then looks at me with the most tired out expression. It was only then that I realized how worn out he looked. He wasn't the only one that went through heartbreak. I sigh, I can't be selfish.

"Listen Troye, it wasn't only me that had it bad I know, you did also, and with your fame it was bound to drift us apart, we knew that. But remember you promised? Sometimes promises are meant to be broken. Sometimes love's meant to be broken." He looks up at me, then brushes hair out of my face.

"Well, I think we both know our love never broke." I want to so badly disagree, but it's true. Our love was always there, our love is always there. But who's willing to mend us?

"Yeah, but what about us, our feelings, I mean, they are all over the place. Do we really know if-" I get cut off by a pair of lips attaching themselves to me. I go to push him off but then realize, that I'm kissing back and this feels so good. It brings back so much memories that bring smiles to my giddy face. I run my hands through his soft curly hair, and he rests his on my hips. We pull apart gasping for air.

"Do you still think our love and feelings for each other might be doubtful?" He questions. I smile at him.

"Nope." He smiles back at me. We cuddle into eachother for what seems like the first time in eternity. And for once the voices saying I shouldn't be doing this shut off.

"Hey Connor?" I look up at him,

"Yeah?"

"Uh-um- so my tour is kind of over-it was just a plan to get us friends or something more." He seems as if he thinks I will be mad. But I'm not. I find it adoring? Oh well, I'm not mad.

"I'm not mad."

He breathes out in relief, and then we lay down watching Supernatural. I think my second happiness is back.

But is he here for good?

**
Sorry if this is really shitty. Probably will do a part 3. Depends. But I've been traveling a lot, and school work also it's just getting a lot to handle. But I won't complain bc I decided to do this, and I won't.