Chapter Three

The party was really getting started for Alex and I. Everyone else was passed out so it was just us dancing to the heavy beats and drinking the remaining alcohol. The taste was still bitter and it hadn't improved, but I was getting used to it. I was getting used to a lot of things.

Alex was one of them. He was funny, sweet and kind, not to mention attractive. I knew nothing would happen, firstly he was in a way popular band than I was, and he had a girlfriend who he clearly loved, even if she kept hurting him.

He must love her to go through all that for her. There was nothing I could do except be a supportive friend. He had to make his own decisions.

The more Alex and I talked, the more I realised we had a lot in common. Unfortunately, it also meant I was falling for him. There was just something about him that made me feel special... It made me feel whole, but I didn't want to ruin anything. I knew that A) this Lisa would kill me and B) Alex would be so upset that they had broken up that he'd hate me. And we had just become friends. I didn't want to ruin that.

'Hey, Tay!' Alex slurred, obviously consumed by the alcohol in his system.

'What?' I shouted over the music. Although I didn't drink much, I wasn't a lightweight, clearly not as much as Alex anyway, we had about the same amount.

'I think you're really pretty.'

'Thanks...' I blushed. 'But I don't trust you.'

Alex looked hurt then asked why.

'Alex, you are completely wasted! Tell me when you're sober.' I laughed at his reaction.

'I am NOT wasted.' He stammered out eventually, still slurring.

'You are.' I sighed.

'Nu-huh.' His childish side coming out now that he was intoxicated.

'Uh-huh.' I played along, mocking his tone.

Alex got closer to me, so I stepped back, I felt slightly threatened by him, although I knew he was being playful, I moved back, not knowing if he was going to be a violent drunk. I'd never experience one of those before.

I was backed into a wall, then pulled into a tight hug by Alex.

'That's all I wanted. What did you think I was going to do? You looked scared.' Alex sounded very concerned, almost too concern, considering the fact he was so drunk.

'I don't know... I thought you were going to kiss me, maybe.' I lied, knowing fully that's not what I thought he was going to do. He pulled away from the hug and looked directly into my eyes, keeping his arms around me.

'You mean, like this?' His face got closer to mine. Our lips came together and it was magical. Like fireworks.

I realised what was going on and pulled away.

'Yeah like that.' I looked at him, he looked sad that I had just pulled away.

Alex leaned in again, but I managed to squirm out of his grip.

'Did you not feel what I felt?' Alex sighed.

'What about Lisa?'

His eyes dropped to the floor, obviously sobering up.

'Lisa...' He sighed.

'Exactly. You said you thought she was cheating on you, and you just cheated on her.'

'It meant nothing, it doesn't count.' He said coldly.

'Fine. I'm going to go now, back onto my bus.' I turned and could already feel the tears about to burst out of me.

The buses should be leaving the last venue in about 10 minutes, and I knew no fans would be around at this time, so I ran.