9

"What's wrong?" Shawn runs his hand down my chest as we lay in his bed.
"Its nothing." I shrug.
"Its something. What's wrong?"
"It's pathetic."
"I wanna hear it." He kisses my cheek.
"Don't get mad at me."
"Promise."
"Its.. Its the day Victoria left." I feel him purse his lips out. "Told you it was pathetic." I sigh.
"No.. You were married and thought your future was all planned. Get promoted.. Have kids.. Retire.. Move to Florida."
"Wow." I chuckle. "Yeah.. Then she left and I didn't know what to do."
"And then prince charming came!" He throws his head back and moves onto his other side.
"Mm hmm." I pull him closer and wrap my arms around him.
"We gotta get up lassie." He chuckles.
"I know." I frown.
"What time is it?" He reaches for his phone. A text pops up on the screen.
Henery
Come over. Now.
"Oh shit." Shawn swallows nervously.
"Do you want me to come?" I ask.
"Noo I like you. I want to keep you around." He sits up.
"Sunday mornings use to be my favorite. I'd get up and brew coffee and make eggs watch a few re runs and then go to the shooting range."
"I like laying in bed and then eating pizza while watching cartoons."
"I'd like to lay in bed with you all day." I run my hand against his jaw and under his chin. We both lean in and push our lips together.
"Mmm" he smiles letting our lips linger. "I gotta go." Shawn whispers. I fall back into the bed and watch him change into jeans and a flannel.
"You sure? You can come lay down next to me and I can kiss your neck and cheeks and lips." He crawls on top of me and leans down.
"Come over tonight?" Shawn asks.
"I have to be at work at six tomorrow and I don't want to wake you."
"But I like having you here." He pouts.
"How about my place tomorrow night? You can stay over. sleep in my bed with me this time."
"When do you get off tomorrow?"
"Since I go in at 6 I should be off by at least 1 but the latest 4." His phone starts ringing.
"Its my dad. But I will be there. For now stay I'll be back.. Hour or two.. Please?" He pushes his lips to nine and stands up. "Please?"
"I'll stay but come back soon my body is already get cold."
"Bye. I'll be back! You better be here when I get home." He shouts and then the door opens and shuts. I groan knowing he'll be gone for a long time.