20

"Apology detective way.. I like it." I look up and see shawn.
"Hi." I smile.
"I was thinking you wouldn't apologize.. We'd just move on from it." He sits down.
"I know I was a total ass... I know all you were trying to do was calm me down."
"Is this pizza eatable?" He points to it.
"Shawn please." I whisper. I can tell hes still mad at me.
"Lassie.. I'm very in love with you. Yeah it hurt my feelings and I may have took it out on Gus but I'm not mad about that anymore. I would've been the same way if somebody gave a bunch of papers that had to be done the next day. I'm mad that I waited for two hours at your place with movies and a heart ready to apologize for pushing you. But you never showed. I don't know if you got home safe I don't know if yiu were in a case and got shot, at a bar.. I didn't know. I left that note thinking you would call me when you got home."
"I didn't-"
"I didn't pick up today because I was sleeping my ass off. I fell asleep at 6.. And then dreamt of all the bad things that you could be in right then."
"I didn't call because I thought you were sleeping."
"You could've texted!" He shouts
"I know I know! Shawn I'm so sorry!"
"Lassiter.." He sighs. "I love you. Next time call me no matter what time it is." I lean across and kiss him.
"I promise. Now we have a date to begin." I grab a slice of pizza.
"Hey! Next week we will be dating for a whole month."
"We should do something special."
"Like?" Shawn wiggles his eyebrows.
"Dinner?"
"Will it involve a bedroom?"
"I think it will."
"Sounds interesting." We smile at each other while eating. "Stay with me tonight?" Shawn asks.
"Yeah. I go to work at 9 though is that ok?"
"That's fine.. I just like spending time with you." He kicks my foot with his.
"We'll be sleeping." I chuckle.
"I don't care. Its nice falling asleep in a warm bed with a warm body."
"And early in the morning when its cold we can cuddle really close."
"Actually lassie, I'm feeling kinda cold Now." I stand up and sit back down close to him. He lays his head on my shoulder. "You went all over town just for me." Shawn chuckles.
"Because I love you." I push my lips to his temple.
"I love you too, Carlton lassiter."
"How about you and I pack up and go to your place." I pat his leg and stand up.
"Huh prince charming-" Shawn takes a loud sigh. "Carry me home!" I pull him up.
"Okay." I sweep him off his feet. He laughs as I fail to pick the pizza also up. "Wait pick that up." I set him down and he grabs it and then I pick him up.
"Homeward bound!" He shouts.