30

"Shawn." I groan and nudge him.
"Go away." He moves around.
"Your phone is ringing." Shawn sighs loudly and grabs it.
"Gus? Wait wait. Stop? Lassiter can't know that you messed up a crime scene. There's a dead guy!?" I sit up and turn the light on. "You're totally innocent. Well I know that. Yeah.. Lassie is next to me and is wide awake now. We'll be down there soon stay there " Shawn gets out of bed and sighs. "Gus needs me."
"And me?" I look at him.
"I don't want you to get in trouble baby. Being the head detective and knowing stuff like this."
"Let me help." I say.
"Fine! Get up get dressed make me coffee." He points firmly. I am a detective. I boss people around but holy fuck it is hot when he tells me what to do.
-
-
-
We walk into the psych office at exactly 6:23am. "Surprise!" Shawn and I both jump back. "Happy one year anniversary."
"When you throw a party don't you do it late and with people?" Shawn laughs.
"We both know you two will get married and as your best friend lassiter is also going to marry me."
"It's true lassie." Shawn nudges me and grabs a muffin.
"Do I have to propose to both of you? Or get you both at the same time?"
" preferably different times. Gus has always dreamed of a Disney Land proposal but I prefer something over the city. Where all street lights and businesses are are lit up."
"Noted." I smile and kiss shawn. "I don't have to kiss guster though do I?"
"No. That's all mine." Shawn hums as he kisses me again. "Did you really call us down here at 6?" He asks. "I was gonna have morning sex and then make breakfast and have more morning sex and then eat and then have another mor-" I cover his mouth with my hand.
"Gross." Gus shakes.
"Hey I have full permission to kiss my boyfriend! on my anniversary!"shawn shouts.
"Guster, thank you very much for this but I need to get to the station."
"Mmm I love you." Shawn smiles with another kiss. I squeeze his butt and leave. I pick up a large coffee and then go to get my check. I asked for the day off without shawn knowing so I could surprise him with roses and pizza and movies and.... Something else. I walk into the station and realize people are staring at me?
"Jules what's going on?" I ask.
"Nobody believed you and shawn would make it a year." Juliet whispers.
"How dare you!" I shout. "I can't believe you guys thought that."
"Welllll what do you guys have planned today?"
"I have something planned for us.. Its uh um.. I need to talk to Gus first but I want it to be a surprise to shawn."
"Well what is it?"
"Its nothing we'll stop by tonight. If I'm with him everything went good if I'm not then don't talk to me." I grab my check and leave. I can't believe I'm actually going to do this. I go into the jewelry store. "Hi Carlton Lassiter, I should have a ring ready?"