Chapter 18

Beca's POV
"Okay bellas good work today but there's room for improvement, especially from you Mitchell" Aubrey called out ending this exhausting bellas rehearsal. I rolled my eyes but I didn't feel like arguing with her today. Ever since we left Canada Chloe has been kind of down and I have a feeling it's because her parents still won't talk to her but at least her brothers are showing her support. Since Chloe has been down lately I've decided to take her on a surprise date tonight which if I'm being honest... Well I don't really know how it's going to turn out because you see I'm not really the romantic type and I have no clue how it's going to turn out but at least I'm trying. "Beca?" Stacie's voice caught my attention and I looked at her "hmm?" I hummed "I asked if you wanted to go to the coffee shop with me like three times but you kind of dozed off I guess" she said with a sigh. "Sorry, but yea sure I could use some coffee just give me a minute" I said before walking over to where Chloe and Aubrey were talking. I walked up behind Chloe and rapped my arms around her before resting my chin on her shoulder "hey sexy lady" I smiled and kissed her shoulder. "Beca can't you see we're talking! God some respect would be nice" Audrey rolled her eyes before walking away. Chloe turned around to face me but she didn't look happy at all "what do you want beca" I loosened my grip on her waist at her tone "um I was just uh... Is everything okay baby?" I asked curiously because even when it's her bad days she at least wears her brave cute smile of hers. "I'm fine it doesn't matter can you just tell me what you fucking want" she said getting more frustrated than before. "I wanted to know if you wanted to come for coffee with stace and I... But whatever it doesn't matter" I dropped my arms from her waist "Beca I'm sorry I just-" she started but I cut her off quickly "no it's fine, I understand" I mumbled then kissed her cheek before walking over to Stacie "let's go"
---
Stacie sat down at the booth and slid my coffee across the table to me "so this surprise date... Where are you planning on taking her" she asked with curiosity lacing in her voice. "Um honestly I don't know yet" I said before shifting in my seat "I mean I just wanna take her and drive somewhere where we can be alone. Okay now that I'm hearing me say it out loud it kind of sounds stupid but in my defence I'm not all that good with romance like at all dude! I'm kind of freaking out about this" I sighed. Thinking about it only makes me worry more but I'm too nervous. "Hey becs... Calm down okay. It sounds great and I'm sure she'll love it" Stacie said trying to give me some confidence but at this point I think I've already lost all self confidence that I have about tonight. "Yea I guess so" I mumbled and took a sip of my coffee. "Beca..." I heard a voice call out my name and I knew who it was right away "Jesse?" I turned around to face him "we haven't talked since... Well the breakup" I said feeling a little bad but I wasn't happy with him I mean I was but he doesn't make me happy the way Chloe does. "Yea, I guess it's been a while. Um do you mind if I join you guys?" He asked and I nodded not wanting to be rude and say no. He sat down beside Stacie and set his coffee on the table in front of him. All three of us awkwardly sat there for a few minutes before Stacie excused herself "well I have class so I'll see you guys around I guess" she then got up and left Jesse and I to ourselves. "So um how are you and Chloe doing?" He asked with a smile but I could hear the hurt in his voice which only made me feel worse because Jesse is a good guy he really is and I was confused and he was there so we just kind of happened. "We're good. Actually I'm taking her on a surprise date tonight..." I mumbled quietly and kept my eyes glued on my coffee cup. "Oh thats good" he sighed and took a sip of his coffee "um Jesse look I have to go but text me we should hang out" I smiled before grabbing my things and walking out. God that was the awkwardest thing ever I just really hope we can still be friends.
---
When I got back to mine and Chloe's dorm she wasn't here so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to get ready for tonight which I am winging because I still don't know exactly what's going  to happen so I figured I should just go with the flow. I grabbed a few blankets and packed them in a bag then put them by the door. I changed into track pants and one of Chloe's hoodies on because I know it won't be too fancy. I sighed and grabbed the bag and my computer and headed out to my car my dad got me which I refused to use until a few weeks ago and threw the bag in the trunk and put the computer in the backseat before getting in and starting the car. I drove to a Chinese place and got us some take out then headed back to the dorm. By the time I got back Chloe was at the dorm doing a report "hey babe come on get dressed" she looked up from her computer with a questioning look "where are we going?" She sat up and saved her work and pushed her laptop aside. I smiled at her widely and shrugged "I'm taking you on a date and dress comfortably" I said as I grabbed a pile of movies I thought of bringing even though I hate movies but some I could deal with "I'll meet you in the car" I smiled before walking out and got inside my car. About 5 minutes later Chloe got to the car in track pants and a sweater very similar to mine on with her hair in a bun. "Alright where are we going?" She asked as I started the car. "Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you" I smiled at her and started to drive. She glared at me for a few minutes before looking out the window. She still isn't herself I mean usually she'd beg me for more information and joke around a bit and even talk to me but she's been so depressed since we got back and it's killing me to see her this way again. But at least I'm not the reason she's acting this way this time. I finally parked at the side of the road in front of the Forrest near barden and unbuckled my seatbelt "come on babe, let's go" I got out of the car and grabbed the blankets, the food, my computer and the movies. Chloe got out of the car and looked around "I really hope you're not taking me here to murder me or something" she joked forcing a smile on her face. I smiled back and shook my head "no just come on, you'll see" I started walking into the Forrest as she followed me. I kept walking until we couldn't see the car anymore and laid the blanket down the set everything else down on it. "I've noticed you've been a little stressed and down lately so I decided I would take you on a surprise date and believe me i had no clue what I was going to do as you know I'm not that great when it come to romance and all. So I basically winged all of this but I thought it would be fun to just spend time out here and watch movies you like or look at the stars for a bit you know" I sat down and watched Chloe for a reaction. She smiled and it was her smile. Not a forced smile but her beautiful smile that I haven't seen for a while. "Beca, babe that's so sweet of you" she sat beside me and I rapped my arms around her "well I'm glad you like it" I smiled and kissed her cheek. I pulled out my laptop and the DVDs  and opened it "so which movie do you wanna see?" I asked but I already know what movie she's gonna want to see. I reached for 'Meet The Millers' and she nodded with a smile on her face. I popped it into my computer and started it.
---
We were on our way home and she was the happiest I've seen her in weeks. Chloe turned up the radio really loud and started belting out the words to work but they weren't really words to be honest. I laughed and looked at her, I'm so lucky she's mine. She quickly turned down the radio and looked at me and her face was covered in fear "Beca the road!" She yelled at me and I looked straight and saw a deer in the middle of the road. I swerved and just missed it but next thing I know we crashed into a tree and everything was blurry after that.
--
A/N
God it's been a while since I updated as I'm sorry I jus needed a break and plus I was very stressed my grades weren't so good and I had to bring it up if I want to get into the school I applied to but anyways here's your chapter :))) and I know the ending is kind of cliche but don't worry I'm not planning on making it like all the other stories that invoice car crashes I'll make it unique just bare with me and trust me it'll be good :) thanks for reading and voting ❤️