Chapter 59

The month of July passed swiftly with no major upsets in the pips' new living environment. Ray Ray was a lot calmer and he'd seemed to cease the punishments all together. He was also a lot sweeter with his sisters –unfortunately that meant that Prodigy and Roc Royal were always the victims of his anger. But they didn't seem to mind. They knew he loved them.

July also brought two more birthdays. Perrie was now seven years old and Roc Royal turned eight. The first of August was the end of Nicki's promotion tour and marked the beginning of rigorous rehearsals for her Pink Print European tour. She decided to leave the kids with her parents while she rehearsed but missed them so much that she thought she might bring them on the European tour with her.

"Guys hurry up and clean yourselves up!" Ray Ray was yelling at the other kids as Machia set up a laptop in front of him. "Mom is gonna call any minute now!" He was simultaneosly excited and apprehensive. He was eager to see Nicki's face and make sure she was okay. He couldn't believe that he was contemplating killing her a month ago. He hoped Prod and Roc would keep their mouths shut about it.

He was also, for a reason he refused to acknowledge, eager to see Jade. He was worried about her. He hoped she healed up nicely –for Nicki's sake of course. He hoped she was happily charming everyone Nicki came in contact with into loving her. That was sort of her specialty. He sighed. She was such a little sociopath.

"We're ready!" Leigh-Anne said coming down the stairs. "And guess who stopped sucking their thumb?"

"Jesy?" Roc Royal asked coming from the kitchen to sit near Ray.

"Don't call my name with your mouth!" Jesy screamed at him as she reached the couch with Leigh-Anne.

"No silly." Leigh said. "It's Perrie! She took it out of her mouth this morning and she even talked to us." Leigh said excitedly.

"Really?" Ray Ray asked in surprise. Things were getting better by the moment. Now Nicki wouldn't have to worry about Perrie. Was this the God Nicki always talked about blessing him for being a nicer person? "That's a relief."

Just then the laptop started ringing. "That must be Nicki." Machia said as he left the room. "I'll be in the kitchen if you need me."

"Hi my little lambchops!" Nicki yelled at them in a british accent, a huge grin on her face.

"Mom!" They all yelled.

"Ohhhh I miss you all sooooooo much!" Nicki pouted.

"We miss you more Mum." Leigh said with damp eyes. At that moment she'd give anything to hug Nicki.

"When are you coming home to me?" Jesy demanded to know.

Nicki smirked. "Well someone's a little grumpy pants."

"Meh . . . as long as you're not trying to escape from us." She folded her arms.

"I trust that all is well with you mother?" Ray Ray asked, studying Nicki for any sign that she might be hurt or ill or sad.

"I'm doing great baby. Just a bit lonely without my little man to take care of me. But it's okay I've got Jade to keep me company." Nicki grinned.

"Where is Jade anyway?" Leigh-Anne asked searching the screen for the petite brunette.

"Oh I think she's in the bathroom." Nicki said, her mouth dipping slightly before she caught herself and smiled.

"What was that?" Ray Ray asked bringing his face closer to the screen. "What is that crazy little bitch doing to you?" He asked.

"Ray Ray oh my gosh, Jade isn't doing anything to me. And don't you dare call your sister a bitch." Nicki said sternly.

"Sorry. I lost my cool for a second there." Ray Ray sat up and righted himself.