This Is Just A Dream. Or is it my reality?

New story! Feedback is greatly appreciated(:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One

"Stop moving, I'm trying to talk to you." Landon growled, gripping my wrists tighter. I fought to contain the whimper I felt rising in my throat as I turned my head away from his heartless green eyes. "Look at me when I'm talking to you!" He shouted, gripping my chin and whipping my head around so I was looking at him. I flinched and squeezed my bright blue eyes shut, waiting for the slap I knew was coming.

Maybe I should've done the introductions first. My name is Candi Johnson, and this isn't another sappy love story. It isn't a fairytale, and in my life there is no happily ever after. My boyfriend, Landon Michaels, has been abusing me since the month after we started dating; and three years later, I'm still with him. He's a six-two, green-eyed, chestnut haired, walking god. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point. Unfortunately, I can't leave him, and believe me I've tried; got the crap beat out of me both times, too. And even now, I love him too much to try anymore. Ironic isn't it?

The first time I saw him, also the first day of my freshman year, I knew he had to be mine. He walked through the halls like he owned the place and I couldn't help but stare as he passed me, turning his head so slowly when he looked at me it felt like the whole word was in slow-motion. I felt his eyes rake up and down my body before he gave me a quick wink, leaving me with a smug smile as other girls glared enviously in my direction. Now I wish I could go back in time and warn myself of everything that was to come staring a mere three days later when he asked me out. But, it's too late now. Back then, it felt like a dream to be his, but as a senior in high school, I know better.

This isn't a dream. It's my sick, twisted reality.

"Are you even listening to me?" Landon hissed, grabbing a handful of my soft black hair and yanking it as hard as he could. I yelped in surprise, turning my attention back to him.

"Sorry." I whispered, starting to shake as a tear slipped from my eye.

"Good! You shouldn't try to ignore me when I'm talking to you, I'd never do that to you!"

"I know." I managed to keep eye contact with him, trying my hardest not to flinch away from the furious glare he was giving me; that'd just earn me a harder beating. The tension in his muscles dissipated and his eyes became softer.

"Fine. As long as you don't do it again." He let go of me and rolled his shoulders. "Sorry. I didn't mean to grab you so hard." He picked up my hands gently, rubbing my wrists that were already bruising. He kissed them both quickly before pulling me in for a hug. "I love you." He murmured into my hair. I swear this boy is bipolar.

"I love you, too." I melted into his arms, suddenly feeling weak and drained like I do after all of our fights; if you can even call what we do fighting. It mostly consists of a lot of yelling on his part, and a lot of apologies on mine. I'm actually surprised he apologized for hurting me since he never does. I guess in his mind, I deserve every bit of it.

"You want to watch a movie?" He asked, still holding me in his arms.

"Uh, sure." I nodded and he let go of me, heading over to check out his extensive DVD collection placed on a bookshelf against his wall. I walked over to the bed and sat down, watching his concentrated face as he scanned each title.

"You wanna watch Billy Madison, Stepbrothers, or something else?"

"Um, Billy Madison." I said, kicking off my black boots and laying back on his bed. He put it in the DVD player and came to lie beside me.