Chapter Six

Well, I wasn't feelin' the first half of the chapter, so it took me like a week just to get the first couple pages, then I wrote the other five just tonight XP It's like 7 pages on Word, which is a lot for me... Anyway, I hope you like. Enjoy, lovlies. And once again sorry for the long wait D:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Six

“You can see the break right here,” the doctor said, tracing the big gap between my bones with his index finger. The x-ray confirmed my worries. My wrist was broken.

“See what you did!” Tia snapped, punching Landon not-so-lightly in the shoulder. They had been bickering non-stop since he dropped me and I was getting fed up with it.

“If you weren’t too busy ogling over Brian maybe you could’ve helped me catch her before she hit the floor!” He shot back.

“I wasn’t-”

“Will you two just shut up?!” I hissed. Brian looked between us wearily, having long since given up on figuring out what all the tension was about.

The doctor gave us awkward glances and tapped his pencil on the little clipboard he was holding. “Uh, sorry to interrupt, but I’m not quite finished speaking yet.”

“Sorry.” I muttered, rubbing the rough purple cast that now encased my entire hand and wrist, stopping just seven inches short of my elbow.

“Now, Ms. Johnson, you’re going to have to leave that cast on for about two months and we’ll check back in on you in three weeks to see how you’re doing. Does that sound okay?” I nodded and waited as he scribbled something down on a sheet of paper. “Here,” he unclipped it and reached it over to me. “This is a prescription for some pain medication. Take one capsule a day, and try not to get that cast wet. I recommend covering it with a plastic bag while you shower.”

“Yeah, I know the drill. My brother broke his arm his junior year.” I sounded a little less polite than intended, but offered a small smile to make up for my tone. He said his final good-byes and ducked out of the room.

“Ready?” Bri asked, picking up my coat and helping me ease it on.

“Yeah. Let’s get out of here.” I cradled my injured arm in my hand and turned to Landon and Tia. “Do you think you can keep your mouths shut for a couple hours, or are one of you going to have to go home?”

“He started it.” Tia muttered, crossing her arms and sending Landon a venomous look.

I rolled my eyes and stomped out of the room, the group of three trailing closely behind. A gust of cold air greeted us as we stepped out the automatic sliding doors and into the frigid night. I yanked open the passenger door and slid easily into Brian’s car. On the way there I was stuck in the backseat between my best friend and boyfriend. Never. Again. They didn’t seem to understand that I was in too much pain to deliver their petty messages to one another. “Candi, tell her those jeans make her look fat.” “Candi, tell him to go die.”  Both of them were about to get smacked with my cast.

“Don’t touch me, Troll.” I heard Tia growl as she clicked her seatbelt into place.

“You don’t have to worry about that, I’d rather not get your skank germs all over me. It’s hard telling where you’ve been.”

“I swear, I’ll slap you so hard-”

“If you two don’t shut up, I’m coming back there and shoving the change jar down your throats.” I turned back and glared at the two threateningly. Beside me Brian groaned and smacked his head off the steering wheel.