Chapter Five

I'm horrible -_- I take forever to update! But, I think, in order for me to really be motiovated to update faster...I need feedback. I need comments, I need votes, I need people fanning me! Seriously, if you're going to add this-or any of my other stories to your Reading List- Take the time to fan me too! I'll dedicate a chapter to you, I'll read your story, whatever; just help me out here(: Please? I'd personally love crazy, obssessed fans who are telling me I need to update ASAP every ten seconds (': Now, enjoy the chapter my lovlies. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Five

“Brian!” I squealed as my older brother chased me around the backyard. I flew past Tia who was glaring furiously at Landon from twelve feet away, her arms crossed against her chest. I tried to pretend I didn’t notice two of my favorite people scowling at each other with pure hatred burning in their eyes. It wasn’t right.

Brian finally caught up with me, snaking his arms around my waist and pulling me to a stop. My breathing was heavy as I freed myself from his steel grasp and trudged over to my best friend.

“Hey, T.” I bumped her with my hip and stooped down to grab my water.

She tore her eyes away from my boyfriend and perked up instantly, “Hey!”

“Can you please stop glaring at Landon like that?” I asked her, putting the plastic bottle to my lips.

She turned her attention back to him, “He deserves it. Did he tell you how therapy went?”

I rolled my eyes and grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at me. “Yes, Tia. He did. It went great, he’s going back next week and he hasn’t hit me in two days.”

She rolled her eyes and swatted my hand away, “Wow. Two whole days.”

“Seriously, can we not do this right now? Bri doesn’t know, and I’d rather he not find out.”

She sighed heavily and pulled a face. “Fine. But may I do just one more thing?”

“Go for it.”

“Hey Landon!” His head snapped in her direction, away from some squirrel he was pretending to be fascinated with. She mouthed ‘I hate you,’ smiling smugly when his jaw tightened in anger.

Without saying another word to her I walked over and wrapped my arms around his waist.   

“I wish you two would just stop.” I told him quietly, feeling his arms tighten around me.

“She started it, Candi.”

I didn’t understand why it was so hard for them to get along. Tia was my best friend, and I was in love with Landon. Couldn’t they at least pretend to be okay with each other for my sake? At least my big brother was still okay with everyone… That is if Tia didn’t open her mouth about the abuse.

“Do you feel like a man, when you push her around? Do you feel better now as she falls to the ground?”

I whipped my head over to look at Tia who was casually playing Face Down on her phone. “This is my favorite song!” She announced, turning the volume up. I knew exactly what she was trying to do.

“Face down in the dirt, she said this doesn’t hurt; she said, I’ve finally had enough.”

Landon’s grip tightened on me-instinctive no doubt- until it became painful. I bit my lip, refraining from yelping as I felt his nails start to dig into my flesh through the heavy black coat I was wearing. But I didn’t want to say anything. He didn’t mean to.