Rocky Road (part 1)

Hans blinked, looking to a strange wooden ceiling. Where was he... His hand went for his head, wincing as he felt a huge bruise on his forehead. His body felt as if a horse had been sitting on him and his throat felt like he had swallowed a whole bucket of salt sea water. The prince shifted in the warm comfortable bed, when he suddenly felt something bump against his body. He looked down to see the sleeping queen of Arendelle with her head on the bed. Had she... stayed awake the whole night? The prince took a few strings of hair from her face while admiring the young queen. She had saved him. Even while she could have just let him die... she choose to save him anyway. a warm feeling went through the prince's body and he closed his eyes for a moment. That didn't mean anything. She just wanted to keep him alive to stand trial in her country. That was all....The prince's thoughts got interrupted however when he felt the queen stir on the bed.

"Oh...I-I'm so sorry!" stuttered the red faced queen when she fully realized she had fallen asleep next to him.

"Its alright" calmed Hans her down. "think nothing of it" Nobody ever held watch over me when I was sick....

"Oh.. Well..." The queen looked away from the prince, not knowing how to react. "Good"

"Anyway...Thank you. For saving my life" spoke Hans softly causing Elsa to look surprised back. The queen quickly hid it underneath a stone mask; but hans, ever the great observer, had seen it.

"You're welcome" said the queen politely back. "How do you feel?"

"I've felt better... still a bit stiff and my fingers are still difficult to flex...."

The silence after that was strangely comfortable. The two looked to each other without feeling the distrust and tension as they had before.

The door opened and Snow came in, followed by Doctor Whale.

"Hans, this is Doctor Whale who attended to your wounds, and that's Snow, who let us stay here for the time being" introduced Elsa to the prince. The prince shook the hands of them both.

"I'm forever in your debt"

"Its merely my duty to care for my patients Sir" spoke the doctor, before returning his attention to the young queen. "Miss, if you would please leave the room so I can attend to his wounds?" The queen stood up quickly, following Snow outside.

"Uhm, Elsa.." Snow looked to the blonde woman. She didn't know how to say it.

"with the snow monster and the ice wall... People have become quite afraid again. We have already had experience with all kind of different curses..."

"I see."

"No, no, not that way!" corrected Snow quickly. "I mean that you are quite striking in this town. You would quickly draw attention. It would be better for your safety as well as that off Hans, that you would dress like we do."

"Ah... Yes of course" said Elsa while following Margaret.

"I can lend you some of Emma's. I think you have about the same height..." spoke Snow motherly to Elsa while she put a garderobe together for the queen. After pointing Elsa out how to use the bathroom left Snow the queen alone to bathe.

The breakfast was just served in the Charmings house as both Hans and Elsa came out at the same time, looking astonished to each other.

Hans had a blue shirt on with jeans from Charming who had about the same size as the prince. Elsa blushed when she saw the well trained body of the prince through the shirt. He must have really worked out in prison.

The ice queen had a comfortable white blouse, feeling uncomfortable with the tight black pants on as she was used to wearing long dresses all the time. Hans'eyes didn't agree with the queen's discomfort as he looked to the queen's beautiful curves. Damn, what a woman.