Smash The Mirror (part 2)

Operation Rose

Arendelle, 1841.

There was no shouting as the Sami people went towards the Southern invaders. The trees, as well as the bushes, protected them from being seen. When you had to hunt, you had to be quiet and invisible. Here there was no difference. Only they hunted now on a much bigger animal. Arrows were put silently on their bows and they stretched their arms in synchronisation, before releasing at the same time. Immediately, soldiers cried out in pain as they were hit in the chest. Others didn't scream at all. Before they hit the ground, they were already dead. Immediately the horses began to whine in fear as the generals tried to search from where the attack came from. As they looked arround, they saw another release of arrows come their way, and they yelled to their soldiers, giving instructions to kill those barbarians. While the troops tried to reformate and went galloping towards the small group of archers, they didn't see another treat from their other flank.

"GROOUWW!" Soldiers got swept from their horses when wolves began to bite and wound the horses the soldiers were sitting on. the footmen arround them got either crushed by the heavy weight of the animal, or bitten into the neck by the predators. The small passage was immediately blocked by fallen horses and mingled dead soldiers. As the wolves went on to attack, the suprise element began to wear off, and the Southerns began to answer with their pistols. Kristoff winced when he felt the wolves die in his mind, his glowing white eyes were wet with tears from the shared pain. shrieks came out of the sky and the invaders looked up, a grave mistake from their part. Eagles dove down on their faces, picking their eyes out and wounding the men with their sharp claws. Yet, their efforts weren't enough. A Sami woman screamed when a soldier shot her out of the tree. The harsh fall broke her spine, and caused her immediate death.

"shoot at sight!" boomed Hans voice while he readied his bow again. The young prince had to duck however when bullets flew barely next to his head. Other Sami weren't that Lucky as they got hit. The prince angrily gritted his teeth, and shot one of the soldiers right in his neck, causing the man to drown in his own blood. Hans looked down to his cousin, who was now completely away from the world arround him, concentrating on guiding the animals. "Get Kristoff out of here!" said the prince to one of the archers. Kristoff was completely vulnerable like this; Although the prince admired Kristoff's help, He feared it would cause the man too much of himself. Your gifts are powerful ones, but beware not to use them too much in a short amount of time. It can be intoxicating, the more you use it, the more you want. There have been many, who lost themself in the Sight or the Warg echoed Lappekonen's last advice in his head.

Hans let his bow fall on the ground, and reached for his daggers, as the invaders had almost reached them. "Chaaaarge!"

-----------

Sounds can go swift and far in the mountains, and so Elsa looked up to the Horjundfjord as she heard the confrontation between the Sami and the Southerns. They are even closer then we thought they were... From where she stood, the young queen saw how the large army split in two: One part seemed to concentrate on the small resistance group above... while the other part went further down, to go into confrontation with The Ardellian army. The queen chewed her lip. Either they were extremely arrogant, or foolish, to split their troops in half. But then again, the small group fighting against the Southern Army was very few in numbers.

"My Queen! The Southern Isles are approaching!" called one of her generals in her private tent.

"I know, I'm well aware, Vice-general." said the queen to the young man when she recognised his status. "But there's no reason to be nervous. Our soldiers are already on their tip toes ever since we changed our course... We've made it in time, luckily. Let the men rest while they still can. They will need all their strength soon enough."