Chapter 10 - Love at first sight

I woke up the next day with a massive headache and cuddling up to Ghirahim. I pulled away and massaged my throbbing head.

"Are you alright skychild?" Ghirahim asks. I give him a fake smile that I'm pretty sure turned out as a grimace.

"I'm fine. Just a bit of a headache." I say. I feel Ghirahim move my hands from my head and pull me closer.

"Lay back." He commands, so I lay back against his chest. His hands then begin massaging my forehead and scalp, effectively relaxing me. I let my eyes drift shut to enjoy this a bit more.

"Better?" He asks while still massaging. I hum in response. Drifting towards unconsciousness. Ghirahim chuckles at my response and wraps his arms around me, burying his face in my hair.

"I swear by the Goddess if you are using my hair as a tissue I'll kill you." I mumble. Only half awake. Ghirahim roars with laughter at that comment and I growl.

"Shut up. I'm comfortable and you're ruining it." I grumble snuggling into Ghirahim's chest. Ghirahim's laughter dies down and he continues snuggling me. I'll probably curse myself later for my behavior but I don't care right now. I'm comfortable and I feel safe. A rarity in these past couple of weeks.

"You really are cute when you act like this, Link." Ghirahim says softly as I drift towards sleep.

"Thanks." I mumble quietly. I'm going to be a bit embarrassed if I remember this when I wake up again. And I drift off into sleep yet again.

Ghirahim POV

I hold Link as he snuggles up to me in his sleep. The sight makes my heart flutter. I readjust my cloak that I let link wear the previous night so it once again covers his shoulders and burry my head in his hair again. He smells nice, and his hair is surprisingly soft. I take a deep breath. He smells like the woods and faintly of flowers. Just like he did in his previous life. Though there are some noticeable differences. He is a couple of inches shorter than he once was, he is more agile, a bit thinner, his hair is a bit darker but the sheen from the flakes of gold in it makes it appear several shades lighter. And his face is less angled, like a child's. I pull Link a bit closer and wrap my legs a bit closer to him so they are making a diamond shape on the floor. He responds quickly in his sleep and curls into a ball against my chest, letting out a long, satisfied sigh. I run my fingers through his hair and plant a small peck on his forehead. Link smiles a bit and nuzzles his head against me as if asking for more. So I oblige and continue to run my fingers through his hair. He lets out a satisfied sound that sounds somewhere in between a hum, a growl, and a purr. Possibly the cutest thing I have heard. I notice Fi sitting on a box near us watching with a thoughtful look on her face.

"Anything wrong?" I ask. She shakes her head and gives me a warm smile.

"No. You're both cute together. It makes me a bit jealous of you both." She says in a kind voice.

"Thank you." I say.

"I've never really known when this started." She says, as if expecting me to tell her something.

"When what started?" I ask. Wanting to know when she meant.

"When you started to realize you liked Link. In this way." She says.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to I'm just a bit curious." She quickly adds. It's interesting how human Fi seems when you get her to talk with you comfortably.

"It's fine. This sounds a bit cliché but, the first time I felt for him was when I first saw him. Something in my brain said he was cute and made me feel a bit warm and fuzzy inside." I say. Fi giggles lightly like a little girl then motions for me to go on.

"The second time we fought is when I started to notice. Even though I could easily kill him where he stood I couldn't bring myself to do it. So I said I'd kill him the next time we met and I left to try to figure out my feelings." I say then pause.

"The third time we fought I went a bit easy on him but still fought him nonetheless. I managed to hurt him and I felt guilty for it. That was the first time I'd felt guilt for doing something like that. I left again and decided to just observe him. I felt warm and fuzzy anything I looked at him and decided to experiment to see if what I felt was just a simple liking or something... More. The fourth time we fought I wounded him a bit badly and decided to pay him a visit in the woods. That was where I kissed him. I hid the fact I wanted to jump on him after that and left. Setting my mind on the fact that I'd fallen for the boy. So i started to help him out in little ways. Opening passageways, leaving out small clues, diverting paths, even keeping Demise from accessing his and my full power in our final battle. So when I disappeared after that battle I just watched him after that... And learned of his assassination appointment." I say. Fi nods. Seeming engrossed in my story.

"Then you killed him as a mercy even though it'd break your heart to do so?" She says quietly. I nodded. That memory is still a bit sensitive for me.

"Thank you for telling me. I can see you clearly love Link and want to protect him. I'll try to help and if needs be, help Zelda understand. She seems to be a rival for you." Fi says. I chuckle.

"Why am I not surprised?" I ask myself out loud. Fi shrugs.

"I'll be heading back so you can have some alone time. He'll wake up shortly." She says before disappearing into the sword again. I hear a slight moan from Link and his sapphire eyes soon meet mine as he wakes up. I smile at him.

"Good afternoon. Is your headache gone?" I say.