Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

[Liam's POV]

I was sitting on top of the table. Jock table to be exact. Louis, the captain of the football team, was kicking a ball between his feet; Zayn sat at the table laughing at Josh's jokes. Ed was chatting up some girl, and Olly was talking to me about the game on TV last night. I sort of zoned out, and started scoping the room. My eyes landed on Harry Styles, the senior class geek.

He wasn't a geek with glasses, so I don't know why he's picked on for being nerdy. He just always had his head stuck in the books. He was always with Niall Horan, the funny one. Niall wasn't picked on as much as Harry was, but Niall was cooler than Harry.

Numerous times, Zayn and Lou would try to get Niall to join them for a game, and leave Harry alone without his friend. I think they wanted Niall to join the team, so that Harry could have no one.

Harry's eyes widened, and he looked down as soon as I looked at him. I cocked my head to the side in curiosity. I've seen him around school often. I never actually got the chance to see his face since he always keeps his head down. I don't even know his eye color. Oh well. There are many people in this school that I don't even know exist. It all comes with the title "The Jock", I suppose. 

"And then he kicked the-" Olly paused, noticing I was out of it. "Mate?" My head snapped to him.

"Hm?" I asked. Louis glanced at me, then back to his ball.

"You sorta zoned out there, Li." he chuckled.

I thought. I guess I did. I just shrugged.

"He had his eyes on Styles." Louis winked, picking up the football and placing it in his hip.

Louis' life was nothing but football. Well, his dad is the one pushing him to get a scholarship. I don't think Louis wants to be a football star. He wants to be a normal teenager, but his dads dream is much different than his. Louis' mind is tainted with only football dreams. Poor thing, doesn't even know what he wants. What he deserves.

"Did not." I groaned.

Ed was now back, Zayn and Josh were paying attention and everyone was making cooing sounds and chanting "Styles and Liam." and "Styles and Payne." songs. It was rather annoying.