Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

(Play the song "The Thread of the Thing" by Fay Wolf when it says to.)

[Liam's POV]

The room was literally colder than a freezer. The amount of tension in that room could be cut with a knife. And I wanted to use that knife on Louis. He made me so angry right now. That stupid smirk on his face; as if he were gloating about how he put Harry in the hospital. He's so selfish. He used to be my best friend, but now he is cruel and coldhearted. I don't care what Eleanor says, he's not changed at all.

"Well!" Louis broke the awkward silence. "Sure is cozy in here, aint it?" he winked at me.

I took every muscle in my body not to lunge at him, get his tiny throat in my hands, and drain every ounce of life from his body. Then, Eleanor decided to speak.

"Louis, can we speak outside?" she went up to him, but he scooted past her over to me.

"Actually, I came to see him." he said to me, but he was referring to Harry. Louis moved me out of the way, and put his eyes on Harry. And, to be honest, he couldn't look more terrified. I tried to give him the reassuring look of "Don't worry, he won't hurt you. I'm here." but he was still horrified. Louis eyed his features from his face down to his arms. Every bruise, every scratch, every bit of pain in his eyes. Then, he cocked his head and slowly rose his hand up to him. Harry flinched back a bit, but Louis had placed his hand gently on Harry's chest. Harry gulped and stood as still as a statue.

"Why is your heart beating so rapidly?" Louis asked, curiously.

Thats when I noticed the heart monitor had started acting up. Harry gulped again and finally blinked. Good, he's still alive.

"I uh- I just. I'm-" Harry stuttered.

Louis looked at the ground and removed his hand form where it had been resting above Harry's heart. Harry let out a sigh of relief once he lost contact with Lou's warm hand. His heartbeat had decresed back to normality.

"I came to have a little chat with Harry...alone." Louis turned his head slightly to me, but kept his eyes on Harry. Then, when I didn't respond, he looked at me and scoffed. "If that's okay with you." he said sassily.

I shrugged.

"I don't care. Go ahead. But I will be right out there in case I hear anything strange." I warned.

Louis nodded and waited for us to leave the room. I looked at Zayn and the others and they nodded as well. We left into the hall, all of us, and waited. Once I closed the door, I leaned against the wall near it. Everyone leaned against the walls due to busy halls with doctors passing by. It was awkward to have them here considering I elbowed Josh and got into an argument with my other mates. But I'm more nervous for whats happening on the other side of this door.

[Harry's POV]

I'm gonna die. I'm seriously gonna die. Louis is going to grab me by my collar, throw me out of this bed and beat me up until my heart stops. I know it. I just know it.

Oh can you shut up! Gosh, listening to you whine is more annoying than actually being your conscience.

I rolled my eyes at my annoying thoughts. Then, Louis looked away from the door and back to me. His eyes glared at me. I never noticed how blue they were if you were really close- wait what am I saying?!

I think someone's smitten.

I shook my head to shake away the thoughts. But Louis smiled and sat on the edge of my bed.

"What's wrong?" he chuckled in a way that would have been adorable to anyone who wasn't bullied by the bastard. That chuckle. It wasn't one of those conniving chuckles that, once you hear it, is sarcastic. No. This was a genuine chuckle. I could literally hear the joy in his voice. Just by a chuckle.