Chapter 14

CHAPTER 14

(Play the song Whispers by Dave Baxter when I tell you to)

The dance music could be heard for miles. It was in a small neighborhood. Cars lined up against the curb for two blocks. We were lucky enough to park 2 houses close to the house. The music was blaring, and students were cluttered outside and around the house. Liam never told me who was throwing this party.

"Who's party is th-" I was about to ask, but he cut me off.

"Zayn's." he shrugged, parking the car on the curb. He got out of the car and so did I. We walked along the sidewalk to get to the house. Drunken teenagers were either making out with a stranger or passed out on the grass. Fabulous.

As soon as we entered the house, the smell of smoke and booze filled the thick air. I started coughing, and Liam nudged me with his elbow. I looked up at him, and he shouted, "Are you okay?" but the music was so loud, it didn't sound like a shout. I nodded and followed him. We walked through the house and then out the back to the pool. More makeout sessions. I noticed that the song changed to "Memories" by David Guetta and KiD CuDi. I liked this one. It wasn't so annoying and boring. Liam spotted Zayn on a lawn couch over by the pool with Perrie. Oh my goodness.

Perrie hates me. Well, she hates anyone who isn't popular. She once saw someone shove me on the stairs, making me drop all of my books down the stairs. She just laughed and walked over them. And I'm looking around the scene: Pool plus unpopular kid. Yup, she's gonna throw me in the pool to drown. Then, soon enough, I'll be the laughing stock of the entire school.

"Hey PerPer." Liam nodded towards her. She rolled her eyes and cudled into Zayn more. "Great party, mate." Liam told Zayn.

Zayn nodded and looked around. "It's defiantely better than I had expected." then he looked at me. "How ya doin shortstack?"

I gulped then fumbled with my words.

"Grea-uh, ahem good, a-actually." I stuttered. Ugh great. Zayn just chuckled and stood, taking Perrie's hand.

"Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it. Party ends when the cops break it up, so go have fun." he smiled and walked off with Perrie.

Liam shrugged. "You heard him. Let's go have fun." he smirked, and we walked side by side back to the house. He led me back into the house and into the kitchen. He went to the fridge and shooed away a couple that were leaning on it. He opened up the door and took out two beers. He handed me one and took out a bottle opener from the drawer. Once he popped off the caps, he clinked his bottle with mine. I just stood there without a clue. Liam nearly choked on his drink from laughter.

"Here's a hint," he pointed to my beer. "you see that? You drink it. Like this." then he took a swig. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I know how, dumbass! I just don't drink," I mumbled.

"You don't? Or you just never have before?" he smirked. I just sighed. His eyes widened.

"Harry Styles, you have never had a drink before?! B-but you're 18!" he laughed, but I looked at him with confused eyes.

"I'm not 18. I'm...17." I looked down at the counter.

"Oh. Well, to me, you seemed older."

I shook my head side to side. After, I picked up my beer and held it up. He cocked his head, and clinked ours before we both took a sip. The taste was bitter but, a little sweet after. We just stood drinking and talking, before Ed came up from behind Liam and put his arm around him.

"Hey, boys!"

He was clearly drunk.

"Fancy a drink together?" he put his beer up. Me and Liam cheers'd it and chugged our bottles, all three of us.