Chapter 31- Shooting Star

We're back on track now! ^^
The song used in this is Owl City - Shooting Star. Enjoy!

Camille sighs softly and shuts her eyes as she sits on the balcony. Her black soft hair tickles her skin slightly as a gentle, cool breeze sweeps through the dark, silent night. Her ice dragon spirit curls around her feet, while the chameleon spirit flops itself happily beside her on the coffee table next to the oak bench that RJ and Casey had (with some struggles) built outside. In her arms, her little Freya sleeps peacefully. She's going to be 1 soon. Camille whimpers softly. The thought of her beautiful young child growing up and leaving upset her, even though she knows that it will happen, it always does. She hadn't exactly experienced it herself, she didn't remember it anyway.

She didn't want to be alone again.

But she wouldn't be.

Close your tired eyes, relax and then
Count from 1 to 10 and open them
All these heavy thoughts will try to weigh you down
But not this time

Way up in the air, you're finally free
And you can stay up there right next to me
All this gravity will try to pull you down
But not this time

While Freya rests in the crook of her left arm, Camille places her right hand on her belly. She was hoping to try for another child. A son, perhaps. It would be nice. A boy, and a girl. Jarrod hoped they'd have twins at some point, like him and Maya. Maya was confused that Camille had only one baby, but Jarrod said it skipped a generation, whatever that meant. She had meant to ask, but she got so excited at the thought of twins, and then Freya began to cry, so she soothed her current baby and took her outside for some fresh air.

It wouldn't be just the future young ones she hoped to have that would keep her from being lonely.

She has Jarrod too.

When the sun goes down and the lights burn out
Then it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are

Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light
'Cause it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are tonight

Brighter than a shooting star
Shine no matter where you are tonight

Jarrod couldn't remember much of his real childhood. Carnisoar had messed with his mind so much, most of what he remembered was him doing bad deeds. But the night after Maya had shown up, he had remembered a whole lot more. He remembered how when she was sick, he stayed at home to take care of her. He remembered her fixing up the Fishers' barn and horse stables, making it a place to hold charity events and fundraisers.

The one memory that always stuck out in his mind was the one that he dreamt about. Saving a young, small Camille from some bullies. He had no clue who she was back then, and even years later when the images of both the young Camille and the now much older and more mature Camille were in his head, he couldn't piece it all together. He had asked her why she was there if she was 10 thousand years old. She said that she was destined to die in the walls of the temple at the right times. Then she would grow up normally, and at 20 she would remember who she really was and return to the temple. She always had the name Camille: everytime she was reborn, she was reborn an orphan, in a basket with a green blanket and a note saying to protect her, but with no name other than her own.

She was glad she had been reborn that one time. So she could meet Jarrod.

Gaze into my eyes when the fire starts
And fan the flames so hot it melts our hearts
Oh, the pouring rain will try to put it out
But not this time

Let your colors burn and brightly burst
Into a million sparks that all disperse
And illuminate a world that'll try to bring you down
But not this time

It wasn't just Jarrod too. She had all the others. Casey, Lily, Theo, RJ, Dominic, Fran, Flit, to name a few. There was Mele, then Rose, Mira and Kat as well. Over time, the group had began to ask more about the angel morphers that they all had. Camille and Mele got theirs from their parents, so they only had limited information, but they did know the angel morphers once belonged to guardians, who became angels due to their powers, abilities, and hearts, and one day they gave their charms to humans to become guardians of the earth. Kat had said she found hers while exploring a new area of New Tech, and Mira found hers when she was released from her crystal by Will, who she said she was going to be having a family with.

Camille was happy everyone was getting on with their lives. Besides, being a superhero didn't mean they couldn't be themselves.

When the sun goes down and the lights burn out
Then it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are

Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light
'Cause it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are tonight

Brighter than a shooting star
Shine no matter where you are tonight

A thousand heart beats beat in time
It makes this dark planet come alive
So when the lights flicker out tonight
You gotta shine...~

Freya stirs and Camille smiles down at her child, stroking her dark hair lovingly. Freya looks so like her mother, yet with little subtle hints of her father and his family. Her eyes were one of those features, as well as her little claw like nails that resembled the lion claws that Jarrod and Maya have. Camille was so happy to have a baby, much less one that looked so achingly beautiful and loving and sweet. It had always been her dream to have a child and a family.

And now she definitely had one.

When the sun goes down and the lights burn out
Then it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are

Fill the darkest night with a brilliant light
'Cause it's time for you to shine
Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are tonight

Jarrod comes to the balcony through the doors. He sits beside her and looks down at the fast asleep little girl. HIS little girl. THEIR little girl. He looks up at Camille and smiles warmly at her. No words are needed, so he doesn't speak. She doesn't either.

The two look up at the sky above them, scattered with stars. It's a beautiful sight for the both of them to watch in wonder.

Brighter than a shooting star
So shine no matter where you are tonight...~