Chapter 5-Soul Song

Ever wondered what your soul song is? What song describes you the most and makes you think, "this is my thing!"

That's what the rangers found the other day.

Lily was surfing the web because the jukebox AND CD player had been broken on accident during a sparring match between Camille, Casey and Jarrod (guess who won i dare you to!). She was listening to "Hot'n'Cold" by Katy Perry. Theo sat next to her, and Camille leaned on the back of the sofa, listening in. "This is one of my favourite songs!" exclaimed Lily as she hummed along to the song. Theo sighs.

"Weird taste in music Lily," Theo says,"very weird."

Lily shrugs. "That's only because YOU don't like this song Theo!"

"Got that right." Theo smiles. Camille chuckles. She takes a drink of water and blows her black locks out her face, tapping her foot along to the music. Camille, being a little old fashioned, had taken to this time and modern tech very well (with some help from RJ). She usually would be found reading a book, resting, or meditating. Ever since the defeat of Dai Shi, she was determained to get her master stipes for her chameleon spirit. Jarrod was also very determained to get his master stripes for his Lion spirit. This didn't stop him from defeating Casey during sparring sessions though.

"What's your favourite song Theo?" Camille asks, dissappearing briefly before appearing on the arm of the sofa, making Theo jump.

"My favourite song? Hm... thats a hard one. I like Take That. You know, that group who broke up? I like their song 'Rule The World'. Very good!"

"Oh yes i have heard of them. What about you Lily?" Camille turns to Lily.

"I like Katy Perry's music. Mainly that song 'Part Of Me'. I love it!" Lily says with a grin.

"Hey, what we talking about over here?" Asks Casey as he, RJ, Dominic and Jarrod come over from the basketball court. Casey takes a seat in his bean bag, Jarrod sits down on the arm of the sofa, putting an arm around Camille. RJ sits himself down in his chair, and Dom sits himself to the left of Lily.

"Favourite music. What's your song Casey?" asks Lily as she puts her feet up on the table.

"Hm... toughy. I like 'Dynamite' by Taio Cruz. Upbeat, lively and good enough to dance to!" Casey replies with a grin.

"Dom? What about you?"

"Gotta be 'Party Rock Anthem' by LMFAO. I love doing the shuffle!" Dom replies with a grin. Everyone laughs. "What? It's fun AND lets off steam!" Dominic protests. Casey puts a hand on Dom's shoulder.

"Your not alone there Dominic. I do like to do a shuffle and let off some steam after a long day." Casey says with a smile.

"RJ, what about you? What's your favourite song?"

Rj pauses to think for a little. "I'm not sure really. I think Usher 'DJ got us fallin' in love' because who doesn't love a good dance song?" replies RJ with a small grin. Theo smiles.

"Yeah I like that song as well!"

Lily smiles. "Hey Jarrod, whats your favourite song?" she asks.

"I dont really have a favourite song; too many to choose from really." Admits Jarrod, shrugging his shoulders. Lily nods.

"Understandable. What about you Camille?" asks Lily.

Camille pauses to think. "I dont have a favourite song either. I haven't been around long enough with all this modern stuff to have one, really."

RJ nods. "Camille, have you seen Mele and Guin?" He asks.

"They went shopping with Fran for some more ingredients. They also wanted to drag me along as an excuse for a late at night shopping trip but I wasn't having any of it." Everyone laughs, as does Camille.

- 1 hour later-

After 10 full minutes of shuffling to Dominic's favourite song, along with 50 more minutes of crazy dancing to other songs, Camille goes outside into the night, exhausted. It's warm outside, yet a cold breeze hits her as she walks out through to the balcony which is attached to the attic where they live. She leans against the barriers, taking a breath of air. It was quite hot in there with everyone dancing around madly. Her black hair shines in the moonlight and she looks up to the starry sky. She doesn't turn when she hears the doors open.

"Hey."

"Hi." Camille turns around to see Jarrod behind her, shutting the balcony doors. He comes over to her and leans against the barriers as well, one arm around her. She feels her cheeks heating up as he puts his arm around her. It had been a good few days since Dai Shi's defeat, yet the memory of him kept propping up every night. She just couldn't shake it off. Then again, neither did Casey, Jarrod, RJ and the rangers, but they weren't a bodyguard/slave for Dai Shi for goodness knows HOW many years.

Jarrod senses her shakiness and looks at her. "Thinking about things?"

"Yeah. About Dai Shi." She shudders. "I swear he's got me scarred for life now."

Jarrod chuckles. "That makes two of us. You try sharing a body with a beast; worst thing ever."

"Yep. Then again, you didn't almost get killed multiple times." Camille looks at him, green eyes sparkling. Jarrod nods.

"Point taken. I swear the amount of times i tried to gain some control to stop them from hurting you. The monsters." Jarrod curses under his breath, annoyed and slightly upset. Camille slips her hand into his.

"Hey, you tried. Thats all that matters Jarrod. You really did try." Camille says, looking back up to the sky. "If i had seen a star in those dark skies i would have wished upon it so many times that it would probably die."

Jarrod looks up at her. "You mean it?"

Camille elbows him gently. "Course i mean it, silly! Why wouldn't i?"

The two look at each other and both smile. They lean in and share a brief kiss, before Camille shivers from the cold. Jarrod draws back from their kiss and puts his jacket around her arms and shoulders, warming her.

Camille smiles. As the two looks up to the stars and moon, their smiles turn into grins. They were both happy, and both feeling loved, after so many months, so many years, of feeling alone and upset.

Both have a soul song inside. They just haven't found it. But they will soon enough.