Chapter 7-Duties

When Camille's in danger, is Jarrod's duty to protect her and keep her safe. He does this out of love and defence.

Camille will go to all lengths to keep Jarrod out of harm's way. She always puts her heart into every attack and every move and makes to keep him safe.

So when Camille is kidnapped during a CRAZY fight against some footsoldiers, Jarrod is close to loosing it. So is Casey; as red ranger, he tries to make sure everyone is safe. He makes sure everyone is a team when it comes to battle and goes out of his way to make sure everyone is alright.

RJ is checking every CCTV camera in the town along with Theo and Fran. Lily, Mele and Guin all go out to look around for Camille.

"You'd figure that chameleon would find a way out of it." Grumbles Theo to Lily as they go towards the back door.

"Look Theo, it's not all her fault. They could have knocked her out cold, or maybe stunned her so she didn't know what to do or-" Lily began.

"-Or they used special rope which prevents the animal spirit inside to be used to tie her up and stop her getting away." Interupts Master Guin, appearing beside them with her white furry coat. Mele, Theo, everyone look at Guin as if she's crazy. "It's possible, I've seen many who have used this as a way of capture! It is possible."

RJ nodded. "Guin is right. Remember when Dai Shi got me Casey?" Casey, Theo and Lily nod at their mentor. "They used the exact same stuff with Camille my guess. Stunned her and kidnapped her in the middle of the chaos."

Mele looks upset. "Whoever did this to my sister will PAY, big time!" growls the sister, fists clenched. Jarrod put a hand on Mele's shoulder.

"Your not the only one Mele. But i think, for your sister's sake, you shouldn't strike this one in anger. Whoever did this may hurt your sister if you strike in anger."

Mele nods at Jarrod. "Your right." She then turns to Lily and Guin. "We must hurry. Camille could be in danger if we wait too long. Lily can you use your solar morpher to get people's heat and body temperature?"

Lily nods. "Yeah I can use them kinda like a thermometer; useful. Don't worry Mele, we'll find your sister."

RJ yells excitedly. "FOUND HER!!" he shouts at the top of his lungs to the gabbling crew. Mele jumps up and down happily, and Jarrod is over the moon, so is Lily, clapping excitedly.

"Any chance of co-ordinates RJ? Be more specific please!" replies Guin.

"Co-ordinates are unclear, i can't get them, but she's somewhere in sector D. Train station in the south of D sector."

Off run the girls, while the boys do all they can at the base. Sending info through Lily's solar morpher, they get to D sector immediately (with some help from Casey after he lends them his Strike Rider bike). They get to the only train station in the south of D sector. Of course it was the right one; why? Well it was the only station in a 5 mile radius, plus it was surrounded in crybots and many footsoldiers. It was a pretty good bet they were at the right place.

Soon the whole group was combing the area for Camille. All the rangers used their morphers and the others who DIDN'T have a morpher used instincts and animal spirits to find her. It took a good half hour before they finally found the trapped chameleon in an underground abandoned bunker, tied up with the rope Guin and RJ had said about. She was quite badly injured, with new scars and bruises over her arms. Jarrod was raging and Mele was upset her sister had been hurt.

But this was natural for them both. Mele was a sister and a friend as well. She tried to keep composed but it was hard for her to stop crying when her sister had been badly hurt.

As for Jarrod; well, this was more natural than anything. Camille was the closest thing he held onto, the one person who was there for him when he was trapped as Dai Shi. He cared for her like anyone else and more. Protecting Camille was his responsibility; his duty.