chapter six

-Calum's POV-

She's fallen asleep. She looks so cute and peaceful. I was happy. I really liked her - she was sweet and funny and just genuinely nice. I'm not entirely sure if the feelings were mutual however. I hoped they were. I looked down at her sleeping figure.

Her eyes were fluttering slightly, like she was intensely trying to take in every single detail that she was dreaming in case she'd forget them when she woke. I could hear her breathing softly, snoring lightly occasionally, which made me smile. I was really relaxed and comforted. I didn't really want to leave. At all.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and checked the time. I had another message from Ashton asking us to come back to the house. The movie had ended 5 minutes ago, but both the girls had fallen asleep on us, so Luke and I didn't know what to do. So we just sat there. We couldn't walk home because we didn't really know how to get home from here. Plus it was really dark outside and it was late. Yes, fine, we were scared.

"Dude," Luke whispered.

"What?" I replied.

"We need to go," he said, just as quietly but with urgency.

"I know, but wh-" I started, but was cut off when Brooke sprang forward.

"Shit," she said, bringing her hands to her head and running her fingers through her hair. She looked back at me and said, "I need to take you home and I fell asleep oh my god".

She stood up and so did I. We both looked down at Luke and took in his predicament. Chloe's head was resting on Luke's lap and his hand was resting on her head. Cute, but really inconvenient.

"How are we supposed to wake her?" Luke said, frowning and looking down at Chloe.

"I know," said Brooke. She picked up one of the pillows I was previously resting on and chucked it at Chloe, full force.

It hit Chloe and bounced off her face, landing at least 10m away from her position. Chloe groaned and lifted herself off Luke.

"What do you waaaaant?" she asked Brooke, sounding agitated.

"Luke and Calum have to leave and I fell asleep so we're really late so just move your arse," she said, making me laugh. What a way with words she had.

Luke got up off the floor gingerly, as did Chloe. Brooke was running around in the kitchen/entrance hall looking for something and mumbling under her breath. I paid attention to Luke and Chloe for a while. Discreetly, of course. Didn't want to ruin the moment.

"I guess I'll see you later then," Luke said, shyly. It was so funny watching Luke interact with girls he found attractive, he was so shy and awkward. He better hug her.

"Yeah, sounds good," Chloe replied. Hug her.

Luke smiled at the ground and laughed nervously. Dude, seriously.

"I had a great time," said Chloe, stretching. COME ON, MAN.

"Me too," he said. "You guys will have to come round to ours next time," he said. Ohh, cheeky.

"That sounds great," Chloe said, smiling.

"Good," he said. "Uh, until then, I guess," he said with a laugh. He grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug, finally.

I turned around and found Brooke standing behind me at a small table in the entrance hallway, rummaging in a bowl.

"You okay?" I asked her, stepping closer to her. She sighed and replied "yeah" all at the same time.

"My keys are hell to find , more so when I'm tired," she said, holding up the keys she had just found in the bowl.

"Let's go!" she announced to the whole apartment. I decided right there that she was even more adorable when she was stressed, if that was possible.