chapter ten

--Brooke's POV--

"Oh, hey guys!" said Luke, seeing us innocently sitting on the sofa. He had a plastic carrier bag in each of his hands, filled to the brim.

"What are you doing here?" asked Ashton in surprise. He also had a carrier bag.

"I couldn't find the picnic basket!" Calum said, shrugging his shoulders.

"You left a picnic basket in the park?" Michael asked. "That would not have stayed there," he said, "Someone probably took it. Free food after all" he explained. Calum and Ashton both sighed at the same time.

"I've had a great time anyway," I said, trying to prove to Calum that I actually was enjoying the date.

Ashton smiled at me, then at Calum, and gave him a "manly slap on the shoulder" while walking away.

"You staying for dinner?" Luke asked hopefully. I shrugged my shoulders.

"If you'll have me and it's not too much trouble" I said. Luke laughed and I realised that it was the exact same thing he had said to our invitation to stay at our place.

"It's not," said Michael from across the room, "we were just going to order pizza anyway."

Calum put his arm around me and I watched his band members move around their home, doing this and that. The same people I had once sat in front of my computer screen and watched sing and play music for hours on end and I couldn't quite believe how lucky I was.

Michael was ordering pizza. Copious amounts of pizza judging by the length of the phone call he was making. It had been at least 2 minutes.

"We eat a lot of pizza," said Calum, seemingly reading my thoughts. I laughed and nodded.

"I can tell," I said.

His arm was still around me, which made me happy. I'd never felt so happy in my life. It was nice knowing that someone other than family cared about me. I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his head against mine, after giving my head a quick kiss.

Ashton came out of the kitchen and set a bag down on the table in front of us and explained that he had bought Calum a few new shirts for the tour. Then he continued talking about all the necessitates they bought. He seemed really excited about the tour. They all did.

I felt as if I were in a dream, watching the band do the tasks they had internally set themselves. I think I must have dozed off because I had to open my eyes and my head felt really heavy. So, before I knew it, the pizza had arrived. Okay, pizzas.

Michael took the 7 pizza boxes off the delivery person and rushed to the table. He was very excited about the pizza.

"FOOD!" he yelled into the apartment. There was a loud bang from upstairs and then the sound of someone crashing down the stairs. Luke hurried into the living room, rubbing his hands together. I think he was also excited about the pizza.

"Um," Calum said. He was still beside me, and we were still in the last position I remember - my head on his shoulder.

"Did I fall asleep?" I asked, lifting my head off his shoulder. I knew that I had before he answered "yes" due to the stiffness of my neck. This was the second time this had happened with Calum.

"This seems to be a reoccurring thing, doesn't it?" I said, rubbing my neck. Calum laughed.

"I like it," he said. He lifted his arm which was around my shoulders and hauled himself off the sofa, and his stomach rumbled loudly. I raised my eyebrows at the noise.