chapter seven

-Brooke's POV-

I had such a stupid smile on my face the whole drive home. I never knew I could feel so happy because of another person. I didn't even know him very well. We'd only met....what, 2 days ago? I'm not even exaggerating when I say it feels like I've known him forever.

I got home and went to Chloe's room. Her bedside light was still on, but she was tucked under the covers. I went to turn off her light for her, but as I did I realised she wasn't sleeping; she was on her iPod, playing Doodle Jump.

She sat up and said, "well?". I smiled and bit my lip. I sat down on her bed with a sigh. It sounded like one of those "dreamy" sighs, which was gross.

"He kissed me," I said. Chloe smiled and her mouth dropped open at the same time. Like the ":D" face. There is literally no other way to describe it.

"No way!" she replied excitedly. She folded her legs up underneath her and raised her eyebrows in anticipation, obviously wanting me to tell the story.

"I don't know," I said, "he just like, examined my face for a while, and then he just...kissed me". It was hard to convey the emotion of the moment. I wasn't doing it very well, I just couldn't find words to describe it.

"Oh my god," she said under her breath, still smiling. "Did he ask you out, or how did he leave it?"

"No, uh, well, he just got out of the car," I said. Then I realised what the kiss and whole situation was like. "It was kind of like when Bianca kissed Cameron in 10 Things I Hate About You," I explained, pleased that I had found an apt comparison.

Chloe laughed, but then she said, "so what, are you just friends who have kissed now?". I shrugged my shoulders in response.

"I hope no-" I said, but I was cut off by my phone telling me I had a text.

"Calum?" Chloe asked, expectantly. I nodded. My stomach did about 7 back-flips. "What did he say?"

""soooo same time next week? ;) haha our place this time though, for sure xxx"," I read out in disbelief.

"I think he wants to be more than friends," said Chloe cheekily. I shook my head and put my phone away. I'll reply later, this needs to be discussed more.

"So, you and Luke seemed to be getting quite comfy over there too," I teased, nudging her slightly.

Chloe reddened and smiled down at her duvet. "I guess," she said.

"What happened? Have you any gossip?" I said. She doesn't normally blush, which was why I was suspicious.

She bit her lip and replied, "not really, it's not as big a gossip as yours was".

"Tell me!" I said.

"He just held me, you know? I've never felt so safe before. I fell asleep at one point and woke up, but still kept my eyes closed, if you know what I mean, and during that time, he kissed me on the forehead," she said. "I don't know if he knows that I was awake or if he knows that I felt it, but still". She shrugged.

"Dude, that's so cute!" I said. "He really likes you, then, because apparently a kiss on the forehead means more...or something".

"You can't at all tell that we've never had proper boyfriends before," Chloe said, laughing her head off, making me start as well. I was so lucky to have such a great friend.

We just sat in Chloe's bed, laughing and evaluating our present lives until we both fell asleep.

🌺

what cuties awe do u ship luke and chloe ohHhhhhH sub plot ???

im so lame lol byE ty if ur still here ur a trooper i like u