chapter two

-Brooke's POV-

The Voice was hard. I'd had one week of vocal training and already I was so tired. Danny was a great coach, he knew exactly what I wanted to make my voice do and he knew how to make it do exactly that.

Chloe was waiting for me outside the studio, leaning against our car. We could both drive and we had shared ownership of the small Kia Rio we had, but I usually just drove everywhere because Chloe was ridiculously lazy.

"Food?" she said, holding up a bag from McDonalds.

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" I said, taking the bag from her and taking a chip.

"No and don't ever do it again," she said. I laughed because this was usually how our conversations went.

We got into the car and ate our lunch, blasting music from the CD player the whole time. When we got back home, it was about 8 o'clock. It takes us a good 40 minutes to get to the studio to our flat normally, but we took a 'scenic' route today (we stopped in a park and just sat for a while enjoying the unusually beautiful weather) adding an extra hour to our journey. We walked into the dark apartment and I threw my keys into the bowl on the table. Chloe filled the kettle and put it on for tea.

"Today's the day your episode of The Voice aired wasn't it?" Chloe shouted from the kitchen.

"Oh, yeah," I said. I hadn't really thought about the TV show airing since we started vocal training. I lifted my laptop and headed into the living room.

Chloe had our cups of tea sitting on the coffee table and she was already flicking through the TV channels, shoving a full digestive biscuit into her mouth at the same time.

"I'm scared to check twitter," I laughed to her. Chloe shook her head with a smile on her face and biscuit in her mouth.

"Be grand," she said, spraying crumbs everywhere. She was gross.

I hadn't checked the twitter since my audition; I honestly never really had time. I opened a new tab and logged in. Wow, I had like 2,750 followers?! What?! And I had loads of new tweets saying how "amazing" I was at my audition. I scrolled through all my recent followers, following them back. Then I came across one who I was already following. I swear to god I screamed out loud.

"What?!" asked Chloe, looking at me worriedly.

"I-um-I" I stuttered. "Ca- Calum Hood followed me?" I said to her, my voice shaking as much as my hands. Her jaw dropped open.

"Oh my god, that means he watched you!" she said to me excitedly, turning to face me on the sofa, crossing her legs. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Oh," I said, checking my mentions as the "connect" button lit up. "SHIT!" I exclaimed, nearly chucking my laptop at the wall.

"ASHTON JUST FOLLOWED ME TOO," I gave Chloe the laptop, I couldn't handle any more excitement.

"He just tweeted," Chloe said, calmly. How was she calm? "He said, 'big thanks to brooke for singing our song on The Voice! You smashed it :D xx'", she laughed in shock while reading the tweet.

I was clutching the pillow beside me for dear life. What was going on? My favourite band had watched me singing their song on national television, and liked it?! Chloe burst out in nervous laughter.

"What?" I asked, giggling.

"Luke just followed you!" she said, still laughing. When things that we didn't expect to happen happened, we always laughed uncontrollably, it was just a thing we did. Yes, we are losers.

I shoved the pillow into my face, laughing/screaming so much that tears were beginning to form in my eyes. I think it was a mixture of disbelief and embarrassment. I felt faint.