chapter fifteen

--Calum's POV--

"So, let me get this straight," said Michael. "She hung up on you, and isn't answering the door to let you into the apartment?" I nodded, slowly, not quite believing the situation that was unfolding in front of my eyes.

"That's a fantastically functional relationship," he said sarcastically. Which was how Michael said the majority of the words that came out of his mouth.

Maybe she just didn't want to see me. Maybe she was going to break up with me and didn't know how to do it, so she was just going to freeze me out instead. I sighed.

"Let's go, I'll call her later," I said, turning away from the door, slightly defeated and annoyed.

Just as I was walking down the steps with my band-mates, I heard the huge door creak open and bound off the wall, and I only just managed to stay on my feet as I felt Brooke fling herself at me. It wasn't the best idea, saying that I was halfway down a small flight of stairs.

She kissed my cheek over and over again, with her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. I laughed because she was being very overly affectionate and also because Luke, Michael and Ashton kept going "Awwwwwh".

"I missed you," she said, looking me in the eyes. I kissed her on the nose.

"I missed you, too," I said. I really, really, really missed her, actually. She disentangled herself from me and stood holding my hand, wearing the cutest, most content smile I had ever seen in my life on her lips.

"Oh, yeah," she said, as if she'd just remembered that we were not alone and also that we were outside. She pulled on my hand, leading me back up the steps we had just stumbled down and said, "Come inside, it's cold."

We all followed her up into the apartment I missed visiting and we all sat down in the living room, after fondly greeting Chloe. She blushed when she saw us. Well, when she saw Luke.

"I started my training for the next round of the voice," Brooke whispered once we were sitting down on the sofa, with the sound of the television on in the background.

"It's a knockout between three people and they only pick one winner," she added, looking down at her hands which were folded on her lap. She was biting the inside of her cheek as well, which meant she was really nervous. I took one of her hands and held it in both of mine.

"You don't need to worry at all," I said, even though I knew that she would anyway.

In that moment, when I was holding her hand, I felt sad. We were leaving to finish off the rest of the UK dates soon, then we were going back to Australia for when the Europe dates were happening, then we were off to America. It was a lot of travelling and therefore a lot of time not spent with her. It broke my heart to even think about it, but I had to.

I had been thinking a lot about everything while we were on the road. Would it hurt her more if we stayed together and didn't see each other, or if we just broke it off? It would kill me to break up with her because I thought the absolute world of her. I just didn't want to hurt her. I thought about it for the rest of the night; while we were eating pizza, while we were watching a movie, while she slept on me in the exact same position she always fell asleep in, while the rest of my band made their way home...I didn't stop thinking about what would be the best idea.

🌺

calum whAt r u dOin

what is gonna happen what ?????

hahah nobody cares jenna shut up

thanks for reading xx