Chapter 7 - Good Night

Ranee's p.o.v
We had just had dinner, and now Jakob and I are doing the dishes. He was cleaning and I was drying. There was an uncomfortable silence, so I decided to intervene, "so.. About that kiss?"
"Umm, yeah... I only did it cause I didn't want to lick Ethan's toe," he said, but o could tell he was lying, because he was bluffing and we also kissed a lot longer than required. Although part of my did believe he was telling the truth. I felt so shattered.
"Oh," was all I could manage to say.
We continued to clean in silence and I hated every minute of it.

..............
I tossed and turned on the floor, trying to get comfortable and without success, I gave up.
"Ranee? Ya know I didn't mean what I said before," Jakob whispered.
I turned to his direction and nodded, and when I realised he couldn't actually see me (because it was dark) I spoke up. "Yeah."
"Okay good," he replied.
I spent another 45 minutes restlessly turning, until I had enough. I arose from the floor and stumbled over to Jakob's bed in the dark, and plonked myself down on his bed.
"Huh? Ranee what are you doing?" A sleepy Jakob asked.
"I can't sleep!" I whispered back.
I laid down on the opposite side of his queen bed and pulled the covers over me.
As I snuggled down into the pillow, Jakob spoke up again,"um, Ranee, do you mind giving the covers back, you're hogging them!"
"Sorry!" I panicked.
I passed him back some of the covers and snuggled back into the bed.

(AN: sorry this is a short chapter, but the next chapter will be better, I promise.
Jasmine xx)