Chapter 4 - Keep It To Myself

Jakob's POV

(before the airport)

"Do I have to go?!" I complained to mum.

"Of course you do, they are a friend in need," she stated matter of factly.

"Ugh!" I storm out kind of annoyed that I'd have to share my house with some randoms that I don't even know. But hey, they might be nice, you never know. The 45 minute drive to the airport was really boring and the entire ride was I thought about the X Factor. My best mates, Chris and Ethan, ad I are auditioning this year as a group called 'In Stereo' I was very excited and nervous at the same time, as it will be my first time singing on stage.

Anyway, we've arrived at the airport now, and we are waiting at baggage claim. "Lee!" my mum screamed, jumping up and down waving her hand in the air. 'Oh my god, that is so embarrassing' I thought to myself.

"Leanne!" another woman's voce shout back.

I looked to where the voice was coming and saw a tanned brunette woman running our way with little boy, young girl, and a girl who looked about my age.

When the brunette woman, who I assume is Lee, reached us, she and my mum leapt into a hug, which was sweet and all, but I was distracted but the most beautiful.

She was a few inches shorter than me, with dirty blonde hair and piercing bluey-green eyes. She wasn't skinny like those fake girls at school, but wasn't fat. Her frame was petite, perfect, for holding. Jakob, stop you're staring.

I snap my head down hoping, she didn't see me staring. "We can't live with them," she whispered.

"Oh yeah, and why is that?" Lee asked her.

I looked up at the girl to hear her answer. "Have you seen their son?!" the girl whispered yelled. I was kind of disappointed, and anyway what was that suppose to mean?

My mum just laughed and started introducing us. "Hi, it's nice to meet you, I'm Leanne and this is my husband, Leo." My dad shook the girls hand and proceeded to do so for everyone else while mum continued. "And this is my daughter, Mikaila, and my son, Jakob," she finished

Suddenly, I opened my mouth without thinking, "Hi I'm Jakob!" No! Stupid, why did you do that?

"Yeah, I know, and hi, I'm Ranee," she said giggling a little. God she has a voice of an angel.

"Hi Jakob, I'm Gabby!" the younger one said in a really annoying voice. She was about my height with brunette hair, and green eyes, and wearing a lot of make up. She was pretty, but nothing compared to Ranee.

Gabby flung her arm around me and I felt really awkward. I noticed Ranee walking away to the escalator, so I decided to follow her.

"Hey," I said casually.

She turned her head and smiled gladly, showing her dimples and smile lines. "Hi," she replied. "So how old are you Ranee?" I asked as a good conversation starter.

"I turned 14 2 days ago actually, you?" she verified.

"Happy birthday, and I'm 14 as well," I congratulated.

"Thank you," she giggled. Her giggle is so cute!

*10 minutes later*

It's currently 1:15 in the afternoon and we are now in the car park sorting out which cars to go in. In the end we decided that we'll shove all the bags in dads car with Ranee and I, and, Mum, Lee, Mikaila, Gabby and Sam will go in mum's car.

Mum and the others have already left and Ranee, dad and I are trying to fit everything in the boot.

"This isn't going to work, we'll have to put the rest in the back!" dad explained.

Ranee and I nodded in unison and started piling some suitcases in the back. Once we were done, Dad and I hopped in the front, while Ranee squeezed into the back.

Riding home was fun, I got to know Ranee a little more. I know she likes writing stories and songs, and has a friend called Jordan (Jordan is a girl btw) that lives in Sydney. Ranee seems like a cool, down to earth girl.

As we pulled onto my street, Ranee got really excited. "Oh my god, this is Jordan's street!' she squealed.

"Really? I know Jordan, she lives 2 houses down from us," I hyped. Jordan and I are good friends, but we don't hang out at school very often.

When we pulled into the drive way, Ranee dragged her 2 bags inside as fast as possible, I guess she really wanted to see Jordan. I followed her inside and we were greeted by mum.

"Okay, since you guys were the last ones home, your sleeping places have already been arranged," she started, "Lee and Sam get the guest room, Mikaila and Gabby are sharing and that means you 2 get Jakob's room."

I smiled a thanking smile at my mum and grabbed one of Ranee's bags and her hand without noticing. I pulled her up the stairs and lead her to my room. Once I opened the door I said "Welcome to my room!"

She was still holding my hand when I said that and squeezed it lightly in excitement. Ranee ran into the room, dagging me with her and put her suitcase down and I did the same with her other one. I released her hand and she looked away blushing. I guess she dint realise we had been holding hands. I wanted to tell her that she looked really pretty when she blushes, but I decided to keep it to myself for now.

(AN:/ Thanks for reading this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it. there is some exciting chapters to come so hold in there, they are on the way!

Jasmine xx)