Chapter 16 - how did that happen?

Ranee's p.o.v
As soon as the carriage came back to the ground, I ran off. What the hell just happened?
Did I like kiss Jakob? Yes. Did I regret kissing Jakob? Sorta. Should I of kissed Jakob? No.
I ran as fast as I could to find Jordan and Chris and found them.
"We need to leave now," I rushed as they were eating fairy floss.
"Ok, why," Chris asked.
"Because I realised that I have to study for my exam next week," I lied.
"Ranee, it's summer holidays, there aren't any exams," Jordan corrected.
"Summer reading," I lied again and grabbed their hands and dragged them out of the fair.
I walked home with Chris and Jordan being all Lovey Dovey behind me. We pulled onto the street and the thought hit me, I left my teddy bear at the Ferris wheel.
I rolled my eyes at myself. As we pulled up to Jordan's driveway, I turned around and started walking backwards.
"B- ew!! Guys I'm still here you know," I said sarcastically, stopping in my tracks as they were kissing.
They pulled apart and started laughing.
"Anyway, cya!" I said turning around so I was walking forward again.
"Bye," they shouted in unison.
I continued to walk along the path until I reached my house. I opened the door and walking into the kitchen.
"Hello?" I shouted through the house.
No reply.
I walked up to the island in the kitchen and saw a note.

Note:
Hey Ranee,
I got called into work this morning, I'm going to Europe for a couple days so just text me so I know that you are ok. Gabby is at her friend house for the trip and Sam is with Sandra (family friend).
You have the house to yourself and there is plenty of food. Be safe.
Mum xx.

I smiled at the note and whipped out my phone to tell her that I saw her note, even though she probably won't get it as she is probably taken off.
As soon as I hit send, there was a knock on the door.
I placed my phone down and walked towards the door.
I opened it, only to reveal Jakob, standing there with my teddy bear in his arms. I stood there staring at him, not to sure what to do or say.
"Can I come in?" He asked.
"Um... Yeah?"