A Little Change

I met up with Bam at a park just two blocks down from where I originally was. Bam showed up with two skateboards and a smile.

"Here ya go squirt" Bam teased.

"I'm NOT that small Andre the Giant." I joked back. He chuckled and off we went.

Bam and I developed quite the friendship. He's like my big protective brother.

I told him what happened between Jakob and I and he listened intentively.

"Can I give you some advice?" he asked.

"Yeah"

"Okay well. You should probably get back home soon cause I'm sure Tré is losing his shit and is terrified not knowing where you are. And also, I think you should go for Jakob. It's obvious you like him. And he likes you. Why else would he have kissed you?" Bam gave me his input. I guess he does have a point.

"Okay. But I don't wanna break up him and his girlfriend. And I would but I don't know how to get back." I confessed.

Bam chuckled. "Smart one you are."

"Shut up" I huffed jokingly which caused him to laugh.

I gave Bam Tré's address and we skated back there. Not without making a pit stop at the nearest McDonalds though.

20 minutes later we were back at Tré's.

"This was fun Bam, thanks." I handed him back the board he gave me but he shook his head.

"Keep it Rylee, I've got plenty." He chuckled.

We hugged, like how an older brother and a younger sister would.

"Let me know how it goes" he mumbled into my hair. I just nodded.

I looked at the house and slowly approached it. I walked up to the porch, looked back and saw Bam standing in the driveway with his hands in his pockets. I gave him a reassuring smile and he smiled back. I opened the door and that's when I heard him skate off.

I tried to close the door gently but failed miserably.

I saw three familiar heads pop up at the same time in shock.

I wanted to laugh cause of the expressions on their faces and how they managed to do that in unison but I figured now wasn't the time.

They're all probably mad at me. Think I'm dramatic. Greaaaat.

Suddenly Tré got up from the couch. I thought he was gonna yell at me but instead he tackled me to the floor, engulfing me in a hug.

"Please don't ever do that again Rylee you scared the life out of me!" It seemed as if Tré was afraid that I'd run off if he let go of me.

At this point I was sort of gasping for air. "O-o-kay T-tré. I'm sorry."

He let me out of his embrace and we went over to the couch to watch movies. They were in the middle of watching...

Mean Girls?

"What the hell?" I laughed.

"We are trying to figure you out" Billie smirked.

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow and gave him a sideways glance. They all laughed. "We don't know how to handle teenage girls so we have resorted to doing research." Mike piped in.

That only made me laugh harder. "Oh man you guys are so delusional it's adorable" That made Billie playfully glare at me which caused me to smirk.

Two hours later and it was just Tré and I in the house. There was definitely a bad vibe going on. I felt awkward and remained looking at my feet. Avoiding eye contact.