Altercations and First Dates

I was sitting in front of my vanity, doing my makeup as the band known as Green Day decided to hold their band practice in my room. 

"Well I've heard it all before,

MIKE DIRNT'S A DIRTY WHOREEEEE" Billie sung at the top of his lungs causing everyone, including me, to laugh. This made me lose focus and stab my eye with my mascara brush.

"Ow son of a bitch!" I whimpered out.

"Ryls are you okay?" Tre asked as he set down his bongos. Yes. Bongos.

So punk rock it hurts.

"Yeah I'm fine Tre" I sighed as I wiped away my smeared makeup. 

"But you're crying..?" Tre replied confused.

"No I'm not my eye is just watering cause I jabbed it with my mascara brush, I'll live" I replied in a 'duh' tone.

The guys all looked at each other with confusion for a moment, until they all said 'duh' to each other at the same time.

"So Ryls, what are your plans tonight?" Mike asked as I looked through my closet for something to wear.

"I have a date tonight" I smiled at him. 

"MY BOY FINALLY CAME TO HIS SENSES!!" Billie shouted, startling all of us.

"Uhm, no. Sorry Billie Joe, he's still a tool." I chuckled even though I didn't find it all that funny.

"God dammit!" Billie sighed, as he flopped back on my bed.

I chuckled but couldn't help but think back to that conversation we had in class. Why was he so difficult? What did he see in Sam? More importantly, why do I even care? I'm getting ready to go out with Dylan and here I am thinking about Jakob. Ridiculous. 

"Wait a minute, so if it's not Jakob..? Jesus Rylee it's not that Deland guy is it?" Tre asked annoyed.

"Deland?"Jason and Mike asked at the same time and started laughing.

"It's Dylan, Tre." I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior.

"Like it matters" Tre muttered causing Billie Joe to snicker.

I decided to ignore that since I was working on my attitude lately. I have yet to run away from any major problems or hurt anybody yet but I swear this family is testing me. Like, really testing me. 

*Flashback to school*

Billie Joe had texted me saying that I would have to take the bus home because Green Day had to head out to the studio. That made me so happy to hear but also disappointed. I hated taking the bus. Everyone just looked at me like I had three heads and it took over an hour to get home. I could walk home faster than that! Okay, maybe not. 

I sighed as I walked to my locker as slowly as possible. 

Once I got there people were laughing. It felt like they were laughing at me but it didn't make any sense. I was invisible. 

Apparently not.

Attached to my locker were a bunch of rather embarrassing photos. Photos I didn't even know existed. I felt the color drain from my face when I read the words on my locker.

"DUMB ORPHAN SLUT"

I felt the tears threaten to escape my eyes. I was used to be cat called or called a slut. That was no real problem. And people who call other people dumb are people who just can't come up with any good insults. But the word 'orphan'. That one was the one that hurt. Who the hell told that I was an orphan?