Katie

The tiny baby was placed into Tom's arms, "This is your daughter," the nurse smiled.
     Tom followed the nurse to Irene's room holding on to his daughter while Jack followed. When they stepped in the room, Irene was resting. Tom sat down on the edge of the bed. "Is she pretty?" Irene asked quietly.
      "She looks just like her mommy."
      "What's her name?" Jack asked quietly.
       "Tom, we had it down to two choices; your pick."
       "Katherine Kennedy O'Hara," Tom said gently rocking his daughter.
      "It's perfect," Jack replied.
      Jack took a seat in a chair in the room and Tom walked over to him, "Here, meet your first grandchild," Tom said placing Katherine in Jack's arms.
      "Are you going to call her Kate, Katie, or some nickname?" Jack asked while cradling her.
      "You pick, Dad. Both of those are cute."
     "Hi there, Katie," I'm your grandpap."
      Tom kissed Irene's hand and whispered in her ear, "Thank you for delivering a beautiful, healthy baby."
     Irene smiled and sighed. "Are you tired?" Tom asked.
    "Exhausted."
    "I can only imagine. Look at him with her."
    "Dad, did you make a new friend?"
    "This is my new pal."
    After a little while, Jack and Tom went home. When Irene and Katie were finally allowed to go home, Tom picked them up early and took them back to the White House. "Jackie's home," Tom told Irene while she sat in the back with Katie.
"How are things with those two?"
"Irene, I don't know but you can't get involved."
"I'm already involved!"
"I know that, but for everyone's sake just don't involve yourself anymore."
"Fine," Irene agreed unpleasantly.
       "I love you," Tom said quietly.
       "I love you too," Irene responded.