Being Honest

Chapter 11
Being Honest
Bill's Point of View
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

"So how exactly are you in my mind?" (Y/N) asks me as she brushes her hair. I, on the other hand, scam through her memories as if I didn't know them all.

"It's a long story," I reply.

"I'm not going anywhere, and you obviously have nowhere to go."

"Maybe I'm not allowed to tell you by demon law."

"Demon law? Are you telling me that you're a demon inside my head?"

"Well, yeah."

"When I was little, I'd talk to myself all the time like this. I thought someone was talking back. In fact, I knew someone was talking back. That's why I'm not totally freaked out that you're a demon. It's really just déjà vu."

"Okay, let me be honest here. I've known you for a long time, and it's different to talk to you than other meat sacks."

"Meat sacks. I love it."

"Thanks, but that's not the point. The point is, you're dead. You've been dead for a long time. About sixteen human years, I think."

"Then how am I alive?"

"That's how I'm in your mind. When you were four in human years, you were murdered. You were the first person to be murdered in Gravity Falls, and no one knows it except me. When I found your body, I brought you back to life."

"How kind of you!"

"It wasn't, really. It was sort of for my own selfish needs. I knew that one day Stanford would come back and erase me. I just played along with their little game, knowing they'd win. Of course, I wouldn't make it obvious. I did fight back, don't get me wrong. Anyways, I brought you back to life by placing a slightly unneeded part of my mind into yours. After that, you were basically just an empty shell in need of my control. Oh, what's the word? A puppet! You were basically just a human puppet."

"So I'm feeling nothing now? I never loved Dipper and probably wouldn't have?"

"Well, actually, you had more human in you then. By then I mean, when you were able to act and do things on your own."

"Wait. So that's why I had a sucky childhood! I had a demon inside my head the whole time. Huh. Never would have guessed."

"I'm not done being honest."

"Okay. Continue."

"When you thought you saw Dipper and Pacifica making out, that was kind of... sort of... totally my fault."

"WHAT?! I THOUGHT I WAS MAD AT DIPPER; WHEN REALLY, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MAD AT YOU! HE WAS PROBABLY THE ONLY SANE PIECE LEFT IN MY PUZZLE! YOU FLUSHED THAT PIECE DOWN THE TOILET, BILL! YOU FLUSHED IT!"

"(Y/N), who's Bill, and why is he flushing puzzle pieces down the toilet? Tell him to stop! I don't want a clogged toilet!" Grandpa yells.

"NO CLOGGED TOILETS, BILL!"

"Yeesh, kid, I'm right here!"

"You're dead to me, Bill. Dead. To. Me."

"You can't ignore me. I'm basically your mind and soul." I wait a moment. She doesn't reply. "(Y/N)! I know you're listening! You literally can't ignore me! I can kill you at any second, kid!"

A note lands on the floor of (Y/N)'s mindscape.

Go ahead. You'll only kill yourself. I'm already dead, remember!

You screwed up, Bill. You screwed up.