Chapter 3

I don't know how much time has passed. But I know I missed the meeting with Wes and Thad. But sadly I couldn't care less.

I sat on the bed with my facebook page opened. I stared at the screen. This cannot be happening.

Someone knocked on the door. Or at least one think there was because I Thad and Wes suddenly entered.

"How did you get in here?" I asked stoic.

"Your cousin called."Wes said "she said I quote 'Barry is crying and he needs a hug but he won't let me hug him.'"

I raised an eyebrow "So she called you to give me a hug?"

"No she called us to try to snap you out of it." Thad said "so what's got you so agitated?"

Thad snatched my laptop from my bed and looked at the screen. His eyes widened and stared at me in shock and a twinge of anger.

"Are these the same, bastards that broke your arm." Thad whispered darkly.

I shook my head. "Those are my friends."

Wes looked at me with disbelief looking at the screen then back to me. "No offence, Barry, but you have a very poor choice of friends."

"Join Fagonny in the closet? Go die in a well." Thad asked in disbelief. "For someone so nice, you have very crappy friends."

"Looks like the bullies did find a new way to embarrass me." I muttered. "those are the bullies'. The one bellow that don't involve death threats are my friends'."

Both Wes and Thad exchanged a glance then started scrolling down my profile. Wes violently closed the laptop. Thad took the laptop and Wes grabbed my arm and proceeded to pull me out of the room.

"Where are we going?"

"We are going to meet with your uncle."

"I don't want to bother him with a personal issue, Wes."

"If it's possible your life could be threatened is that still a personal issue?"

"If it's as shallow as bullying it is."

Thad simply left the room with my laptop in his hand.

"Where is he going?" I asked looking at Wes who shrugged.

"I can't read minds."

It wasn't long until Thad returned with Uncle Alan in tow. He looked solemn. Unlike how my lawyer uncle usually is.

"What happened, Barry?"

"I don't know what you mean?" I said.

"I know you're smart, Barry." He scolded. "Don't play dumb. Not at this. Why are those kids posting this things."

"A friend did suicide." I said. "It's not a big deal."

"It is when your life is in danger." Uncle Alan scolded. Wes gave me this look that said 'I told you so'

"It's not that bad." I said. "They're just some kids bullying."

"You said the same thing, last time we were video calling and you had a black eye." Uncle Alan claimed. "And you came back with a broken arm."

"That's just bullying taken a little too far." I said.

"And how far are you expecting this to go?"

I just stared at Uncle Alan. He was worried, very worried.

"I'm going to talk to Joe about this." Uncle Alan announced. "We will figure this out, Barry. I will speak for Joe and I, possibly even Iris, when I say that I will not let this get too far. Not if we could prevent it."

~()~

The pair brought me to Lima Bean. Saying that I needed to cool off. Thad suggested the none fat Mocha Frap. And we found ourselves a table by the corner of the room.

"Why did you have to tell my Uncle?" I asked Thad.

"It was hitting you rather hard, Barr." Thad pointed out.

"Our school although is a prestigious and rather expensive private school, there is a reason so many kids transfer to Dalton." Wes said. "We have a zero tolerance bullying policy."

"I know." I said "You told me."

"So we have a lot of transferees." Thad said. "Most either physically traumatized by public school bullies like yourself..."

"I am not traumatized."

"Or threatened." Wes finished. "In Dalton, students are safe."

"I don't need to transfer." I insisted. "I am fine. Central City is safe."

"I don't think you are thinking clearly." Thad said. "A bunch of teenage boys want to kill you Barry. Your so called friends are threatening your life. And if they don't try to kill you, you'd be a social pariah."

"I have Iris."

Thad violently slammed his hand on the table

"And don't you think this will affect her too." Thad demanded. "This is serious Barry, these kids, they are ruthless. If they can push a teenage boy, a closeted one at that, to kill himself within a few days, how much damaged do you think you could be affected within three more years."

"I can't just suddenly transfer to Dalton." I protested. "I belong in Central City. I can't just up and leave."

"It doesn't have to be Dalton." Wes said. "It can be anywhere else. Just not back to your old school. Personally, I think you should go to Dalton. Not because it is my alma mater but because there you have help."

"And you have friends." Thad said holding my hand. "Think about it."

~()~

"Barry." Uncle Alan said knocked then opened on the door. "We need to talk."

"Of course." I said sitting up placing my phone to the side. "What's up."

Uncle Alan sits beside me on the bed. "Joe and I were thinking, and we think it would be best if you finish your high school here in Ohio."

"What?" I said suddenly on full alert. "Why?"

"Iris has revealed some rather disturbing news about what's happening around the neighborhood. The bullying is getting a bit too far." Uncle Alan said. "Our bodies can only take so much, Barry. I don't like seeing you all patched up."

"Uncle Alan..." My uncle grabbed me in an embrace.

"You are so much like your mom." Uncle Alan said solemnly. "I love my sister, Barry. And I lost her. I can't lose you too."