Chapter 21

David called an emergency Warbler meeting Thursday afternoon. We found David with a nervous looking Daniel in the Library.

David and Thad had been the 'behind the scenes' leaders. Since their probation, I was entitled as the leader only by title. Behind the scenes, I meet with David and Thad in the dorm rooms to discuss Warbler situations and problems. Only I am the one who announces the final decision. Thad and David might've told everyone of the situation they were in hence why they were silent as David and Thad resumed their leader role.

"We have a problem." David said. "We have been rehearsing for weeks, but it has come to our attention that Daniel has been a bit nervous of the whole thing. I cleared it up with Daniel. And he has chosen to give up his role as the lead."

"What?" Thad exclaimed. "But Regional's is this weekend."

"I know." David said. "And I think since he might choose to leave us, Sebastian should take the lead."

"What?"

"You'd be great." Thad said "Since this might be the last time your performing with us. It's only best if you sing lead."

"And I know what song we should sing." David said with a smile. He looked to Nick and Jeff.

Come on, stand, up again

Stand, you're gonna run again

Jeff pulled me to my feet.

Don't give up,

You're gonna see tomorrow.

The other Warblers joined in. I had the strange feeling of being circled around.

That you'll be on your feet again.

Thad wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Singing and swaying me side to side

Sometimes the world's gonna knock you over

But you will see who are your friends

Thad dragged me into formation with the other Warblers and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

Come on, stand, up again

Come on, stand,

Stand, you're gonna run again

Nick sang the next verse happily dancing and the other warblers broke formation dancing randomly.

Your faith and patience will be your soldiers

To guide you through your troubled times

Just put one foot in front of the other

The battles are inside your mind

Then Trent looked at me in the eye with a happy and serious look. He was directing the next lines at me.

You have the power to face your demons

No matter how they go at times

And rid yourself of your fear and weakness

So you can start to live your life

I had this feeling that I was being manipulated. But I didn't care I joined in as we sang the chorus.

Come on, stand, up again

Come on, stand,

Stand, you're gonna run again

"Come on"