Awkward Behavior

Chapter 14

Pale, warm fingers embraced my freezing hand as a soft smile curled up on the visage of this handsome male. For the second time in the whole time I’ve known him, he showed a true smile, and his cerulean eyes twinkled with happiness and joy.

For a brief moment, something like fear or worry began to appear upon his angelic face, but it was gone as fast as it came, and I assumed that it was a simple hallucination, just like the car that had followed me yesterday. I guess my mind was just playing with me.

Oh, how wrong I was.

My eyes shot open as my body suddenly jerked forward, beads of sweat had formed upon my forehead as I pushed the sheets that had been covering me away from my body, my chest rose and fell as I inhaled sharply.

The dream overall hadn’t been what woke me up so hysterically, it had been the last sentence that did.Brown irises glanced over at the clock on the small chest of drawers next to my bed, and I fell back with my head onto my pillow as I read the numbers 04:12 AM.

What did that dream mean? I hadn’t worried for a second about why Niall didn’t want me around, supposedly because it was for my own good. But now I did. Was this dream meant to be a warning? I had repeatedly told myself that the car following me had been a hallucination.

When in reality, it wasn’t. It was real, with dimmed windows and a shiny black color. I hadn’t told anyone about it yet, but I guess I would today. It was Tuesday, and I had to go to my internship. I had a whole day of making coffee and listening to pick-up lines ahead of me. Oh joy.

I had fallen back asleep, surprisingly without dreaming anything more and when I awoke again at the sound of my alarm clock, I could feel that I had grown a pair of ugly eye rings. Preparing myself at the bathroom as usual and eating my breakfast, I had yet again to master the difficult task of picking an outfit.

I went for a shiny, nude colored blouse with a black neck tie, along with black, skinny jeans, a Michael Kors watch in a similar tone to the blouse, a black bag with a golden zipper and Karina’s by Christian Louboutin as my choice of footwear.

My god, I’m so spoiled, I thought when I quickly eyed my outfit at the mirror. My mother had bought me these clothes last time I saw her, and it made me remember my parents. I hadn’t seen them for months now, since they were gone on a business trip, but they would be back soon.

Tomorrow, to be exact. I was so going to visit them. Even though I had never had much time to spend with my parents back then when I was a child, I was not mad at them for it, I simply enjoyed the moments we actually had together.

I always heard those rich kids complaining, ‘Oh, you never spend time with me, and I never had someone to look up to because you weren’t around!’ and vice versa. How about instead of yelling at their parents when they actually had time, they should just look forward to being with them.

I was understanding when it came to them and their work. They were working hard for everything they owned, and I was raised to become just like that. I didn’t complain. Money didn’t buy happiness, but it bought you a warm home, food to survive, and lots of other things that made you joyful, like chocolate and clothes.

Okay, that sounded a little odd. Either way, my goal was finishing college successfully, finding a great job (nothing like my internship, which I would soon drop anyways), and marrying a wonderful man. Instinctively, Niall came into my mind and I could not help but smile.

Right, we were something like a couple now. We didn’t specifically label each other as boyfriend or girlfriend, but he confessed his feelings for me, I told him that I was his and we kissed afterwards. I guess that worked as well.