Part 21

I never thought that it'd be easy
Cause we both so distant now
And the walls are closing in on us
And we're wondering how
-Justin Bieber (Happy Birthday 😘)

She walked to the door. She had to. "What? She's not here. "And he stood there transfixed,rooted,perplexed. She was in her room so she had worn her usual tank top, Earth hour was going to begin and it generally got really warm. She wasn't expecting company,and when she heard Randhir knock she didn't think twice before opening the door..

She had been lying down on her bed so her top was a bit out of place, exposing more than she intended on. "Ummm..." He began when he was cut by her phone ringing, he couldn't help but peep in: Aryan, it flashed. And she turned picking it up "Yeah.. I ate, ya in the room, yes once it starts, I'll see you outside in an hour I guess then, bye"

He hadn't moved. He hadn't left. He didn't know why but he needed to hear their conversation. They were going to meet that late? For what? And so what? Shanaya and he met at all the odd times in the day! But Shanaya? That was different. They were different. Aryan definitely likes her. She's going to go like this? Wearing that? With him? His head conflicted over a thousand thoughts per Second. But they all led to HER. All his thoughts led to one destination..

"Why the hell are you still here? Why haven't you gone. Wait for her somewhere else!" She snapped his array of thoughts. What was his issue? Did he like making things harder? He felt himself walk inside..her back was turned towards him..

He didn't hesitate as he adjusted the top from the back causing her to momentarily lose her mind in that moment. "Randhirrrr...what?!" She turned sharply not expecting him to do what he just had. What was he Upto. He wasn't even drunk right now.

"Woh.. Umm.. You're .. It's seen.. And you're going out.. Umm .. Just get some clothes on!!" He finally hissed frustrated at how sometimes she was too naive, sometimes she didn't realise what's good for , sometimes she was too innocent for the world, sometimes she felt everyone is as pure and honest as her in this world. But Randhir knew better , he was always there to protect her when she didn't know that she needed protection.

He saw her face turn multiple shades of red before she looked down and saw her top completely pushed out of place. Did she not even bother to look at how she was dressed before opening the door to a guy? She was generally careful and particular about her dressing, she never even attempted to wear stuff she wasn't sure off. And not like Randhir had barged in. She knew very well.

Was it the comfort level? Was it that he wasn't just any guy? Was it that her subconscious felt the safest when Randhir was around? Was it that her heart completely blocked her thinking ability when it came to Randhir, was it that she always surrendered forgetting "it's not JUST Randhir anymore " that feeling was long gone right ?

He was supposed to be just like any other guy. She was supposed to be more conscious when he,like any other guy, knocked the door. Had been anyone else she would've involuntarily pulled on a jacked over.

She turned around quickly to look for her jacket and by the time she turned around he was gone..

The way he slammed the door as he left. She knew. He was mad. She scrunched the jacket closer as if telling her heart to stop. Stop feeling what it was. It wasn't working, as she felt herself give a damn.