Chapter 1: Dreams

A/N: SPOILERS IN THIS CHAPTER! Song: Worlds Collide - League of Legends Piano just because beautiful. Picture: MALEC! MALEC! MALEC! Every image will ALWAYS be Malec. No. Matter. What.

---

"ALEC! HURRY YOU DAMN ASS UP!" Jace Herondale yelled from down the hall. Alec Lightwood was, once again, late for a hunt as his little brother had 'misplaced' his bow.

"By the Angel, Max, where is my bow?" Alec growled, lowering himself onto the floor to look under the bed for a third down.

"Alec! What are you doing?!" Isabell Lightwood, his sister, asked, running into his room.

"Max hid my bow!" Alec cried, kneeling up off the floor, turning to look at his sister.

"Where is Magnus? He can help you look." Max grinned evilly.

"Max, I will kill you." Alec sighed.

"Yeah, actually, where is Magnus?" Jace asked, appearing in the door.

"He's away on business at the moment, I do believe he's at a conference in... Um... Czechoslovakia?" Alec stated.

"Where?" Izzy asked.

"Europe I think. NOT HELPING!" Alec yelled. "MAX! WHERE IS MY BOW?!" Alec punctuated every word. Max sighed dramatically before bringing said bow out from behind his back.

"I want to go on a hunt with you." the youngest Lightwood mumbled, lowering his head. Alec rolled his eyes and took his bow from Max.

"One day Maxy. One day." Alec grinned, ruffling his hair. "One day."

"Will you one day join me, Alec?" Max asked, the childishness gone from his voice.

"What?" Alec asked before looking up at Jace and Izzy who had, at this point, been joined by Clary and Simon. They were all staring at him accusingly.

"Will you join me in death? The death that YOU permitted?" Max asked, looking up finally. Alec gasped, falling backward. The bow in his hand clattered to the ground, forgotten. Max's face was contorted with hate. His hair was matted with blood and a very long crack lined the top of his head all the way down to his right eye.

"M-Max?" Alec asked.

"Yes. That was my name. Before YOU, my own BROTHER, got me killed." Max's voice was laced with venom.

"You're a murderer Alec." Izzy's voice sounded from the door. Alec's head darted toward the sound.

"Why did you let it happen?" Clary asked.

"You weren't there." Simon.

"Why weren't you there?!" Jace yelled, making a jump for him.

*~+~*

Max..." Alec breathed quietly, sitting upright very quickly in his bed. Looking around, he noticed that he was not in the institute and it took him a few moments to realise where he was before he flopped back down onto the bed. He turned his head left to check the time. 2:48. It was the same. Every night. The same dream, waking at the same time. Alec turned his head left and there he was. The sleeping beauty. The most powerful Warlock he knew. Magnus Bane. Alec smiled softly. How are you always so beautiful? He thought.

With a sigh, Alec pushed the covers off of him and he stood up, trudging toward to kitchen. Chairman Meow raised his head to look at the sleep ridden Alec as he shuffled past, not really caring any more as Alec had done it every night for the past two weeks. Alec made his way into the kitchen and quickly made him a decaff tea in the hopes of it helping him sleep. Usually, after a nightmare, Alec wouldn't be able to sleep so, instead, he's taken to making himself a drink. Not once, however, had Magnus woken up or had Alec told him. Alec set himself down on the breakfast bar and grabbed a file from the top of the pile of three. 'Name: Yovel Bonemark. Species: Werewolf. Gender: Male. Age: 23. 'requests to speak to me about having accidently changed his girlfriend.' Visiting time: 10:30' Oh damn. Magnus was in for a rough day if that was the starter.