Chapter 14: The Truth, Please

A/N: So, there were a few of you who asked for this chapter and who am I to disobey? Therefore, truth time! I need more material guys! I don't want too many fillers until I sort out how I'm going to get Lucca caught. Malec above along with Skyrim Main Theme from the game Elder Scrolls Five: Skyrim piano tutorial.

---

Magnus noticed that Alec was up and about like he shouldn't be. Searching for him was harder than first expected. "Alexander! Where are you, you beautiful Nephilim!" Magnus called out.

"Magnus!" someone caught his attention. He turned and saw Izzy standing there.

"Hello, Isabelle!" Magnus grinned as Izzy made her way over.

"You're looking for Alec, aren't you?" she smirked.

"However did you guess?" Magnus joked.

"Hmm. I mean, you could be looking for Jace as you did yell 'you beautiful Nephilim', which is what Jace is classed as." Izzy played along. "Although, he's not your type and you class Alec as beautiful, therefore, the study is where you love resides."

"Isabelle, you will be the death of me." Magnus sighed, a smile playing about his lips as he walked past her and made his way to the study.

"You bet, Warlock."

Magnus rolled his eyes and continued walking. Soon, he found the study. He opened it and sure enough, there was Alec, leaning over the desk looking intently at some papers. Magnus made his way over and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. Alec started beneath Magnus and tensed up. "Hello, beautiful Nephilim." Magnus mumbled into Alec's neck.

Alec didn't relax but he mumbled a quick, "Hello Magnus."

"Are you alright, dear?" Magnus asked. Alec nodded stiffly. "You're awfully tense."

"Um... Yeah... Can... Can you back up a little please?" Alec asked, quietly. Magnus blinked with confusion but obeyed the Shadowhunter.

"Are... Are you alright?" Magnus repeated as he took a few steps away. He noticed how Alec visibly relaxed as Magnus moved.

"Hmm? Yeah. I'm fine." Alec turned and sat down on the desk, facing Magnus.

"Did the Iratze work alright? I didn't... I didn't hurt you did I?"

"What?! No! Of course you didn't! You just... Caught me by surprise." Alec mumbled. This shocked Magnus.

"You never get surprised. Surely you heard me come in, I'm not exactly silent!" Magnus pointed out. Alec flinched at Magnus's tone. "You don't need to fear me, Alexander. You can tell me anything."

"It's nothing, honestly Magnus." Alec insisted. Magnus looked at Alec with a look that said 'I don't believe you.' "Magnus, you can trust me. It's nothing."

"I don't believe you, Alexander. What happened? Did you hurt yourself?" he asked. "Why did you tense when I was holding you but relax when I moved away."

"I'm not hurt." Alec evaded the second part to the question.

"Then what is it?!"

"Nothing! OK! It's nothing Magnus!" Alec stood up and moved toward the wall opposite to the door, facing away from Magnus.

"This isn't nothing, Alexander! Tell me!"

"It is nothing." Alec growled, his hand resting on the wall, his knuckles white.

"No! No, it is not! Was it me? Have I done something? How can I know if you refuse to tell me!"

"No! It's not you, you haven't done anything! Just drop it already!"