Chapter 7: Magnus

A/N: Spoilers, as ever... Actually... I'm not sure in this chapter. Ah well. Precautions. More MALEC above joined by Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen piano cover above. Also, this chapter takes place at the same time the previous one does so don't get too confused when you see the dialogue from the previous chapter at the end of this one.

---

"Thank you. Please meet me outside the Institute as soon as possible." Magnus spoke down the phone before hanging up. Lily was on her way and Magnus was going to meet her.

"Well?" Izzy asked. Magnus looked at her with a look of relief mixed with still slight fear.

"She was sceptical, didn't know what to do. But I persuaded her. I'm... Isn't this going against the Accords?" Magnus asked, suddenly afraid of the outcome. It was Zachariah who answered.

"I spoke with the Clave whilst you were contacting Lily. They understand the situation you were in and have agreed to allow it to slide. You and I both know how close Alexander and Robert are. Being a family and all. He is willing to make any exceptions to see his son alright again." Zachariah explained. Magnus gave a curt nod before the sound of the radar started to go off.

"It's alright! No panic! False alarm!" Izzy called out. Everyone looked at her before they all returned to their daily business. Magnus set off toward the door and stepped outside to see Lily, who had arrived, alone, as planned.

"Lily. Thank you for seeing me." Magnus breathed.

"You're lucky Warlock that I know you and you're special with your gifts." Lily smirked.

"You call them gifts, I call them curses." Magnus mumbled. Lily gave a soft laugh. There was movement behind Lily that caught Magnus's eye. Camille. He saw Camille stalk forward.

"What did you want me for, Magnus?" Lily asked.

"I need to ask something of you and I need you to know that what happens next, is all because someone that is dear to me is missing." Magnus whispered.

"Alexander Lightwood? I've heard about that. He went missing a few days ago, right?" Lily asked. Magnus nodded. "What has this got to do with me? What do you want me to do?" Lily asked. Camille bared her teeth and tilted her head to the side and waited for Magnus to talk, Lily still oblivious. "Magnus?" she asked.

"I need you to give over to Camille. Please. All she wants is her spot back and then she'll give information on who has Alexander." Magnus begged. Lily looked aghast.

"But... Camille is dead. Maureen killed her." Camille held her ground.

"No. No, she's not. She's alive and I don't know how and frankly, that's not what matters to me. Please, Lily, give up your position. I'm begging you." Magnus had resorted to pleading. Lily thought about it for a moment before nodded slowly. Camille moved away from Lily slowly and Magnus released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"Where is Camille? We need to make this official." Lily asked.

"Behind you Lily dear." Camille drawled. Lily spun quickly and gracefully. "Shall we just do this now and here? I'm pretty sure that Magnus would appreciate knowing who has got his precious little Shadowhunter." Lily nodded in agreement and went down on one knee. Magnus glanced around, noting that they were doing this during the day. No-one was around.

"My lady Camille Belcourt. I give up my place as the head of the New York Vampire Clan and give said title over to you, my lady." Lily spoke. Camille grinned, baring her teeth. Magnus felt the air around them prickle as Lily stood to her feet. "I shall return to the Hotel Dumort and give them the news." Lily gave a short bow to Camille, turned to Magnus and gave him a sympathetic look before, keeping to the shadows, she ran off.