Chapter 6

Our romantic first hug as a couple was interrupted by Joe barging in. Again. He had a knack for these kinds of things. He had his arm around a pretty girl with long, blonde hair. She was smiling and laughing.

"Oh I'm sorry did i interrupt you guys again?" Joe asked.

"No. I thought you were taking Jillian out for lunch." Pete said.

"That was before we saw that Finding Nemo was on TV." Jillian replied, causing me to giggle.

"Hi! I'm Cricket." I said to her.

"I'm Jillian. I'm Joe's girlfriend." Joe tightened his arm around her and squeezed her tight. "So are you um Pete's girlfriend?" I looked up at Pete. "Yep. Were official now!"

"Wow Pete you've never made it exclusive that fast, I'm impressed." Joe said.

Pete chuckled a little bit. "Yeah well. I didn't want to lose her quite so fast as some as the others." He tilted his head down and kissed my head. It made me tingle. "So where are you headed now?"

"Well," Jillian started. "Jesus here needs a haircut before birds start nesting in it."

Joe laughed. "I guess it is about time I start having short hair again. Catch you guys later." He and Jillian left to go get him a haircut. Fans would be mad about that. I wondered where Tonia and Patrick had gone off to. Pete must've been reading my mind and said "I think they went down to the pool."

"Oh. Do you want to go for a swim?" "Whatevs. Sounds rad to me." I laughed. What was it with him and old words?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought a bathing suit from a boutique across the street, then we headed to the pool. Patrick was giving Tonia a piggy back ride in the pool. It was the cutest thing I ever saw. He was spinning her around and she was laughing. I'd never seen her this happy. She saw me and waved.

"Come in the water's great!" She yelled. She hopped off of his back and waded over to the stairs waiting for me to get in. Pete took off his shirt, my eyes darted to his tattoo.

"I've always wanted to see your clandestine tattoo in person." I said with a smirk. "I love it. I have a teeny one on my ankle."

"I kinda regret getting it," he said with a laugh. "But If you like it I like it." I dipped my toe in the pool.

"Feels kinda cold." I said, pouting. "Well in that case..." Pete scooped me up and threw me in the pool. I screamed.

"YOU ASS!" I yelled at Pete who was laughing his head off.

"Here I'll help you out." He grabbed my hand. I pulled him in with me. "OH IT'S ON." He grabbed me again, holding my arms against my body. I stuggled to move but I couldnt.

"Well what am I supposed to do now?" "Kiss me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We messed around in the pool until I looked like a raisin. We made our way up to the hotel suite where we found Andy reading a comic book.

"Dude we need to find you a girlfriend." Pete said.

"You're telling me. Everyone is getting girlfriends. Even Dirty has a girlfriend now."

"I can probably set you up." I said. "I have tons of single friends at home who would love to date a rock star." His face lit up a little. "Ok!"

My pocket vibrated. I had gotten a text from my mom. It said "Where the hell are you? You were supposed to be home yesterday. Hope you enjoyed the concert. Xoxo-Mom" I completely forgot about going home. She must be worried sick. I called her and said I met a boy and was enjoying the city and I wanted to stay longer. She wasn't happy but she didn't want to get in between me and my mystery lover.

"So. If you dont want to go home," Pete said. "How bout you come on tour with us? See the world?"

"I'd love to!" I squeaked with excitement. This was gonna be great!