Chapter 8

"Go away! Get the cameras out of my face!" Pete screamed at the paparazzi.

He knocked a camera out of one of there hands. They all scattered, not wanting to pick a fight with Pete. He turned to me.

"I am SO sorry. I don't know how they got it. Security will definately be hearing about this."

My face was still shocked. I did not want my face to be on E! News or Access Hollywood or whatever. I hated being the center of attention. I felt a tear streak down my cheek.

"We'll make it through." Pete said wiping it away. "I promise." He leaned down and kissed me. I felt a little better.

"This is not how I wanted to break the news to my mom." I said with a laugh.

"Better sooner or later."

"What just happened?!" Patrick asked Pete.

"Another paparazzi attack." Patrick turned to me.

"Oh god."

I nodded, feeling more tears behind my eyes.

"No no no no I don't like seeing people cry." Pete said, pulling me in again.

I cried for a little, delaying our chariot ride. We headed out when my eyes were a little less puffy. Me, Pete, Patrick, and Tonia we on one and Joe, Jillian, Dirty, and his girlfriend were on another. Andy had decided to go look at comic books. The ride was amazing. No one recognized us, thankfully. Pete was wearing a normal shirt and a blazer, the first time I had seen him out of his clandestine hoodies, and he had on a pair of sunglasses that covered most of his face. He also wore a hat to cover up his hair.

We saw some beautiful parts of the city, driving past central park was a highlight. When we drove past Patrick kissed Tonia for the first time. She was beaming for the rest of the day. We were just about to get off where we had gotten on when I heard someone shout "Hey! That's Pete Wentz from Fall Out Boy! And look! There's Patrick Stump!"

"Oh no." I muttered. "Not again."

Pete ducked down immediately and crawled under the seat. Patrick did the same. I took his hat and glasses and put them on. As the people ran over to see them, confused looks crossed their faces.

"Pete's not there! Neither is Patrick you liar!" Someone screamed.

"I swear I saw them!"

"It's just us." I said.

"We can see that!" Someone shouted.

"C'mon clear the street!" A cop yelled at the crowd.

They all scattered immediately except for the fan who saw Pete, who lingered a little longer. We went farther a couple blocks just to make sure we were safe. Pete and Patrick crawled out from under the seats.

"Whoa. I feel like a vampire." He said squinting. I rolled my eyes and gave him his hat and glasses back. "Let's go." He said, crouching down low. He jumped off the side of the chariot and did a ninja roll. "Didn't know I was a ninja did ya?"

I laughed. "No I didn't. I thought you were a vampire."

"Who says I can't be a vampire ninja?"

I rolled my eyes at him and he took my hand. We walked back to the hotel without getting recognized. Thank god. I was a little glad this was our last day in New York. As I stepped into the hotel I got a text from my mom. It was a link to the picture of me and Pete.

Under it read: "We need to talk. NOW."