Chapter 14

We all drove to the concert later. Me and Tonia were first in our seats, as always. I love watching them warm up. Pete is always messing with Patrick. I've never seen a man be so involved in the music. After they do a run through of the whole album, Patrick is drenched in sweat.

"See what this does to me?" He said into the microphone.

Tonia laughed and whistled. "You look sexy babe don't worry your cute little butt off."

He smiled as he went to the side of the stage to talk to his guitar tech.

Jillian is sitting with us this time, instead of backstage where she usually is. The arena filled up and the concert began. Pete did a secret message to me again.

"This concert is dedicated to that girl. The one that's bugging me. The one that's keeping my head on my shoulders. You are my world."

The arena let out an 'Aw' before Patrick launched into the first song. Another annoying fan managed to tell me it was her Pete was talking about. I was glad the arena was dark and no one could know who I really am. No one would ever know who I really am, if all things go my way. But things never do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the concert we went back to the hotel. We packed all of our things to make it easier in the early morning. Next stop on our tour was Tampa, after that the tour was going across the Atlantic to Europe. I flipped to E! News when I was settling in for bed. I was shocked to see a familiar face on it. Mine.

"What the hell?" I said to myself.

It was my Facebook profile picture. How the hell did they get that and why was I on tv?

"Pete Wentz's mystery girl has an identity now," Giuliana Rancic reported into the camera. "She has been identified as Cricket S. From her Facebook page that a fan pulled up after seeing the snap of her and Pete. She is no celebrity. The question is, how did they meet and why was she kept a secret? More information on Pete's new girl will be delivered soon. Over to you Ryan."

A blank expression remained on my face. This did not seem real. I just noticed Pete standing in the doorway. His hand was clenche into a fist, an angry expression on his face. He spat out a curse and stormed off.

"Pete come back!" I jumped out of bed and ran after him.

"How could I let this happen? I tried hard but it makes no freaking difference these days." He was seething with anger. I had never seen him like this.

"Babe, I..."

"Shut up! This is my fault! You don't deserve this. My life is messed up." He was shaking. "This is not what I wanted for us." He continued. "I'm crazy as hell these days." I went to reach for his shoulder but he smacked it away. I held my hand to my chest, hurt. "Cricket...I..." Tears were coming out of his eyes now. I opened my mouth to speak but I didn't know what to say. Maybe he was right, not wanting me around when things came out of his head. He was pretty scary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pete's POV: My life exploded when I saw Cricket on TV. I had been holding it in, all the things that had happened to me since I had met her. I tried so hard to bottle everything up, the things that my bi-polar disorder makes it hard to keep inside. I couldn't believe I had let this happen. Words could not describe how mad I was at myself. I had hit her hand away for gods sake! Things were not supposed to be this way. I was embarrassed and too wound up for company. I ran out of the building and on to the street. It was raining but I didn't care. I felt like dying. I flashed back to a dark place I used to always go. I saw my reflection in a puddle. I was disappointed in the view. I didn't deserve her. She deserved better than me, better than the life I live. She had seen the bad side of me I'd been trying to hide from her. I had hurt her. I would never forgive myself. I was still shaking, my eyes clouded with tears.

I was surprised Cricket hadn't come after me yet. Maybe she had given up on me after seeing how scary I can get. A took a step off the curb. I walked to the middle of the street and stood there, waiting for a car to come racing by and hit me. I put my hands into the rain-soaked pockets of my hoodie and braced myself. I was ready for this. I saw a truck coming, going faster than it probably should've. Just then Cricket burst out of the hotel door. At least I could see her before I died. I stood up a little straighter as the truck came closer. I gritted my teeth, preparing myself for the blow, unaware of Cricket sprinting toward me.

"NO!!!" She sobbed.

The truck was within ten feet now. This was it. I close my eyes, feeling something launch into me. I flew down onto the road. But the truck hadn't hit me. Cricket had, placing her in the way of the truck.

-------------------------------------------

After Pete barged out of the room I froze. I had no idea what to do. Patrick came out with Tonia, a look on his face that told me he didn't know what to say. I looked at my arm. It had a hand print on it. I didn't care. I went to run after him but Patrick held me back.

"Let him vent. He needs to cool off."

I ripped my arm out of his grip. "I know him. He's probably doing something stupid."

I burst out of the room, not bothering to take the elevator. It was too slow. Something was wrong. I could feel it. I flew down the steps two at a time for what seemed like ages. I finally reached the lobby, not bothering to slow down. I bust out of the front door. Pete was standing in the middle of the street.

"No." I muttered in disbelief. "No!"

I saw headlights off in the distance. Pete glanced at me with watery, pain filled eyes. He turned away. I was not going to let him do this. I launched myself towards him as fast as my feet could carry me. The truck was getting closer. I knew that if I knocked Pete out of the way I could get hit. I didn't care. Pete was more valuable to the world. He had more lives to save, bigger things to do with his life. My dreams had already come true, I had met him. I had met Patrick and Joe and Andy. The truck was within ten feet of him now. I sprung forward with all my strength, knocking Pete out of the way. I let out a sigh of relief as my head hit the pavement in front of the truck. I heard Pete scream "NO!" as I slipped out of consciousness. But I had saved him. I was happy.

------------------------------------------

((AUTHOR'S NOTE)):

Oh shit