Chapter Two

I put my hand to my heart to make sure I hadn't died and gone to heaven. Turns out I was still alive and I wasn't dreaming. Me and Tonia were still standing backstage with Pete Wentz, who was still staring at me. I decided to break the silence.

"Well aren't you sweet." I said. "So do we get to meet everyone else?"

"Yes yes yes yes yes!" Tonia said. "Meeting Patrick Stump is my lifes dream!!!"

"Oh yeah? Come this way."

We walked just a little while when we saw Patrick, Joe, and Andy arguing about who was better looking. Tonia gasped at the sight of Patrick, but no one heard.

We just stood there waiting until Joe finally noticed us. "Whoa. Hot babe alert."

Patrick spun around and stared at Tonia, I felt her tense up.

"Ooooh Patricks got a cruuussshhh!" Andy teased. Patrick blushed and muttered a curse and his direction. I felt Tonia's heart speed up and as I looked at her I saw her face redden.

"Uh who do you have there Pete?" Patrick said in his awkward voice.

"Uh this is..."

"Tonia," I said pointing to my friend.

"Tonia. Hi."

"Hi." She said, tears streaking down her face.

"Why don't we leave those two alone." Joe said smirking.

The two guys went off to find Dirty, who I assumed was drinking somewhere. Pete dragged me along to a little room where we could talk...all by ourselves. I was alone with the celebrity crush of my dreams. The room was small, nothing special. There was a couch, a table, a few chairs, and a desk with fancy equipment on it.

"Its not much," he said reading my mind. "But it gives us a place to talk without distractions."

I stood there staring at him for a while, not believing what was going on. Where was Tonia when i needed someone to pinch me? He took my hand in his and pulled me to the couch. We sat down next to each other and he grabbed a water bottle of the table next to it.

"Thirsty?" He asked.

I shook my head although my throat was aching from all the screaming.

"So," he said. "Lets start off with your name. God knows the whole world knows mine."

I thought about being in a room with a guy that has been all over the news and is basically a common name worldwide. It scared me a little.

"Promise not to laugh?" I said. He stuck out his pinky and whispered

"Pinky promise."

"It's Cricket. Well not really but that's what people call me."

He giggled. I hit him playfully.

"You said you wouldn't laugh!"

"My toes were crossed." He said grinning.

Before I knew it he was leaning in for a kiss, his soft lips pressed against mine. Nothing could've been more perfect.