At Your Best

~ 1:30 pm - Tuesday - Queens, NY ~

I've been here for about a good hour or so sitting here talking to him. I know he can't respond even though I wish he could because I really need to hear his voice telling me everything is gone be okay. He'd tell me I don't have anything to worry about because he's here to protect me from any/everything. Nothing is the same anymore especially with my mom. She's lost it and I really think she needs some time away from everything... even me. I know that sounds crazy for a 17 year old to be saying such thing. Well if you've been through what we've been though you'll understand. Life out here isn't peaches and cream; its been hell and high waters. I haven't found that felt comfortable enough to break down infront of and tell them everything that has happened to me or my family. I don't trust anyone now days. But in all honesty, it all happened so fast like in the movies. I wish it would of slowed down like in the movies. So I would of had a chance to help him. But I guess I wasn't meant to ...So now I'm just tryna find my self in this world.

I stood up and walked out then started walking home, it was about 2 something in the afternoon and I had gotten a text from my mom saying that she needed me to come home. When I walked through the door she told me that she wanted me to stay with my aunt for the school year. The entire house smelled like some good smoke so I knew she was high. But I did want to know where all of this was coming from, I mean I knew our family changed after what happened to my brother but not to this extent. I felt it coming though.

After my mom explained everything I went upstairs to pack my life then we loaded up the car and headed to my Aunt Lisa's house. She had no kids but a pretty decent sized 2 story house. Only her and her boyfriend live there and now me. On our way to her house I took a nap my aunt lives in Harlem so I can get a good lil nap in. Once we got there my mom went to go ring the doorbell while I took the bags out the car. Once I got all 7 bags on the ground my "uncle" decided to come get the 4 bigger bags and leave me with the smaller ones. I followed him up to my room and once he left out I started putting things in their places, no sense in waiting around. A hour or so later my mom and auntie came in and we all said our goodbyes. I wish I would of known I was leaving Queens I would of told my friends we could of skipped and chilled on our last day together.

I called London and she added Dwayne who added Fred and we talked for hours and hours about everything and Dwayne said that next weekend they was gonna come visit me for the weekend.

When I finally got off the phone with them 3 It was 5 in the afternoon. I went downstairs and my Aunt was just finishing up dinner. "You know when food ready huh? I was just bout to come get you." She said turning the stove and oven off. "Yea I could smell it from upstairs had to get my plate before Mighty Joe Young did." I said laughing causing my aunt to laugh and someone else joined in we looked around in the dining room and Joe was standing right there. My aunt automatically pointed and me and went back in the kitchen. "You just got here and already tryna clown? Ima make sure I get my plate first tonight then.. Bae can you make big daddy his plate?" he asked while rubbing his gut. "Not if you call yo self big daddy again" My aunt said back causing us to laugh. After everyone had their plates and I sat at the bar to eat my aunt and Joe sat in the family room and watched some show.

I woke up at 5:35am and went straight to the bathroom to do my morning routine. After I walked back into my room I headed to my closet to pick out a baby pink cropped jacket, stone washed high waisted jeans with a unicorm on the leg and my pink timbs, i added accesories then make up just lipgloss alittle eyeliner and that's bout it. I grabbed my cheetah printed jansport put about 3 pencils 2 pens and folded up a few pieces of paper and a folder in it.

When my aunt pulled up to West Side High School, the kids was all over the damn place as usual we went into the office together so that I could get my schedule and my aunt could handle that other stuff. My aunt had to stay behind while I was sent to find my locker and classes. When I walked back into the main hallway it was 10 times worse then when I first walked in it. But I ignored everybody and found my locker in the 3rd hallway upstairs. I just made sure I could open it then I closed it and walked out to the courtyard. It was only like 6:15 and school didn't start untill 7:00 so I had alittle while, I already scooped out my first 4 classes the last three I'll just find them as I go. I had to get textbooks but I wasn't getting them till after school I didn't feel like dealing with that this morning.