Part 12

Author's Note:

Secondary to a lot of confusion as well as accidentally importing chapters and characters from Enemies into this book. I am using this note to tie up loose ends from the previous chapter and those going forward together. The next few paragraphs will basically be used to catch ya'll up and bring this chapter current. I'm cleaning up small details as well so you will likely see me republishing parts of this book. Appreciate y'all for holding it down for me and getting this book nominated for multiple awards. It's been a pleasure seeing this book continue to thrive over the past 10 years and continuing to do so. (05 February 2024). 

                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-6 years ago-

After we got back from Miami me and Sean broke up, we got into another argument, and I was just over it all. We tried on and off time after time even after graduation. We'd moved in together and all after going strong for about 2 years but it just was not working out. It felt like it was a never-ending spiral. I don't know what changed between us but it was just not working for me anymore and I could tell he was tired of me too. 

After living together for about a year, I moved out and I got my own townhouse about half hour away from Sean house. I stayed in the area only because of work. From what I've heard he still single and taking care of his business. So good for him. 

I went to the doctor a few days after moving out, thought I tweaked by back because or something lifting furniture because I was not feeling too good. But no, I found I was a month pregnant. I'm now four months pregnant. And I haven't told Sean yet, but of course Tariq ran his mouth and now Sean asking me if he can go the next appointment with me.. Which is today at 11.

It's 8:30 now I finally got out of bed and went in the bathroom to brush my teeth. Once I finished brushing my teeth, I ran a bath and added a few bubbles, once it was a little full, I took my clothes off and got in and just relaxed. Little while after I soaked, I drained the water and turned the shower on... Once I dried myself off then went back into my room, after I was all lotioned up, I went in my closet and pulled out brown oversized tee shirt that said 'Los Angeles' on with a pair of jeans, they honestly were the only pair of jeans I could fit now. I slid on my cream/brown Ascis Gel Lyte III OGs. I used my spray bottle to wet my hair before adding eco styler gel on it to slick it into a bun that sat right on top of my head. I haven't been in the mood to wear makeup lately, it's just of a hassle to take off, or I'm just getting lazy the further along in the pregnancy. 

I ate then grabbed my purse and headed out the door. When I pulled up I saw Sean's car already in the parking lot. I parked a few spots over and got out. walking towards the staircase.
"Why don't you take the elevator?" He asked following close behind me as I made my way up the stairs.
"I don't want to" I said simply and opened the door to the doctor's office I went to cheek in, and He went and sat down.
"Hey India, how you are doing today?" The receptionist asked.
 "I'm good how you doing?"
"I'm good...Okay your co-pay today is $45" she said I gave her my debit card.
"It'll be a minute before they call you back, he's running behind." She said.
"When isn't he." I mumbled and walked over and sat next to Sean.
"So how've you been?" He asked
"Good and yourself?"
"Good I guess." he said looking up at me.

-20 Minutes Later-

"India Carter" the nurse said opening the door .The two of us walked back and followed her to the room, but first she checked my weight. After we got in the room it was an awkward silence, but thank God, the doctor walked in 5 minutes later. "Hello India how are you doing today?" He asked shaking my head. "Hey Dr.Perry I'm good how are you?" I asked. "Uh I'm doing fine." He said sitting on the lil rolling stool. "Hey how you doing man? Are you dad?" 
"Yea I am" 
 "So how far are we now?"
"4 months" I said as he starting looking through my chart.